My order FINALLY arrived!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I can't decide whether I should return this or not. I'm pleased with the product, but not the delivery time was off, and made Christmas a bit of a bear this year. Here's what happened:
My wife wanted to surprise me with a nice Christmas present so she placed an order for a custom-made product back in March. The manufacturer has a bit of a back-log, so she knew to order early. Well, after a few false starts, the order was finally under way. Unfortunately, she was a bit careless and left some tell-tale clues out which I found. So, somewhere around the end of April I knew about the order, but becuase of the nature of custom work (like my "custom" pens), we didn't know exactly what was coming. We kept track of the order all through the summer and fall, and it looked like everything was right on track for a pre-Christmas delivery. Of course, once the holiday season comes, delivery times get all messy, and sure enough the flat-rate delivery company we had to use (NEVER use Stork & Co if you want things delivered by a certain date) messed up the delivery. The order wound up not coming out 'till Dec. 29. Like I said, I'm happy with the outcome, but wish the order would have come in before Christmas instead.

What do you think, should we send it back?

http://www.penturners.org/olduploads/jimgo/20061261030_DSCN3362 - 640.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Congrats on the new "toy"! Alexander Neal--what a great gift... and bringing him home is a great way to start a new year!

Hey congrats, don't send him/her back but send him/her to me. I will raise him/her for 12 years and then return to original owner. That is a precious present, you better enjoy him/her and I am looking forward to meeting him/her soon.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Well Jim, I have seen some of your work up close and personal, but I have to tell you that this collaberation with your wife is the best I have seen... and it came in time for a tax deduction besides... same as my daughter (12/19)...
Beautiful child.. so when does he get his first fountain pen... I mean you have to start him off right..

PenWorks

Congratulazioni [:p] Looks like they sent you a keeper. [:p]
That's the Dego way Frank, barefoot and pregnant.
Yeh Jim, start on his sister [:D]

Deere41h

Congratulations.....What a great Christmas - New Years gift! Both you and your wife did a great job putting that order together. Yup, I think it's a keeper as well.

its_virgil

Jim,
He's a keeper and don't forget about the decuction on your income tax for 2005.[:D] Congratulations...and hey, they goow up quickly...way too quickly.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

wayneis

Wow, my Wife got me onbe of those almost eighteen years ago. Enjoy it while you can, everything should go fine as long as you never teach him to drive, thats when it all went bad here. Its been a string of Dad ah the car hit a deer, ah Dad the car hit a curb, Dad ah the car needs new tires, ah Dad the car hit that big Ford Expedition sitting in our driveway and scraped the whole side of the Ford, but my car looks just fine.

GOOD LUCK

Wayne

jkoehler

Congratulations.
we had twins 5 years ago December 19th. it was the BEST Christmas present I have ever received.
And to think. I had stopped beliving in Santa.

And NO. you shouldnt send it back. although you may ask that question MANY times while they are growing up.

Jeff

woodwish

Congrats on the gift, it's truly a gift that keeps giving (and taking a bunch also over the years[;)]). We have two similar models but ours came with female names. We also used Stork & Co. but had the opposite luck, one was delivered 7 weeks early and the other 4 weeks early. My wife is not known for her patience[}:)]

In case you haven't guessed by now- your life will never be the same; you can change brands of cars or even your religion, sell your lathe and take up quilting instead, move to a different part of the world, join the Witness Protection Program and change your name, but no matter what you will do you will always be known as "dad". It's a good thing[8D]

JimGo

Thanks for all the kind comments. Yup, that's not exactly the best pic of me, but at least he looked cute! [:D] His name is Alexander Neal, and he was 8lbs 15oz and 22 inches long when born. He already has a personality that is coming through, which is pretty funny. Anthony, he's 1/4 Italian, so I'll be sure to pass on the congratulations in his mother tongue! [:D]

nilsatcraft

Great post, Jim. You strung me along right to the end as well. Very handsome little guy there. Our kids turn 1 and 3 this week and we can't believe it. As long as you can handle being vomited on, peed on, pooped on and not sleeping like you used to, you'll love it. I can't think of anything that has brought me more happiness than my wife and two little kids. It's amazing how when your child is born it's truly love at first sight. Have fun with him and keep the video camera and digital camera handy all the time! Congrats!

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Wait till he turns into a teenager...then I think you will answer your own question...many many times over..[:)]

Enjoy the untill then...and congratulations..![:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom