My newest favorite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vwa3guy

vwa3guy

I might keep this one, unless someone begs me for it.

I like to use my Amboyna sparingly so I've been using it in a bunch of segmented blanks I'm preparing. I also used purpleheart and regular old pine dimensional lumber form Lowes. I'm very pleased with how it turned out on the chrome Jr. Gent II.

:beer:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vwa3guy

Thanks guys! I was very discouraged and still often feel like an amateur because I try new things and sometimes they work and sometimes they fail. I have only been turning about a year and a half and I see all these wonderful things everyone's doing I just want to make everything!!! I just wish there was more time!

GuzZzt

Very nice. I especially like the white lines, they work very well dividing the different segments. What material is it made of?

RSidetrack

Very nice. I especially like the white lines, they work very well dividing the different segments. What material is it made of?

I too would like to know. The pen is gorgeous and I think the white lines add a lot to it. They are thin, uniform and just make it pop!

vwa3guy

It's polystyrene. I'm in the very long process of building an r2-d2 and had a bunch of styrene laying around so I tried it and it worked out really well. It's very cheap (around $8 for a 40"x72" sheet at US Plastic)

this is what it was making

Top Bottom