My newest contraption.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Not pretty, but oh my gosh does this work great. Just sweep the sawdust towards it and swoosh it's gone. I made it for the one dust collector I made portable.
IMG_2173.JPG
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Nice thought Alan, tell me when you're going to mention that idea to your wife . I figure you're only about 300 miles away I should be able to hear the ear bashing. Beside which I don't want mine to hear it.

Good idea the handle grip Ken, not seen one like that over here

howsitwork

Ken

more seriously how about a ball and socket joint with the socket attached to the base plate and the ball attached t9 a broom handle you could keep on a clip next to the bag?

LOL because when I showed it to my wife, she thought it was so cool, she swept the whole shop.

Ken, YOU LET YOUR WIFE IN YOUR SHOP?! This is a great idea and I might just have to copy it. Is it Patented or copyrighted 🤔 ;) 😂?
What is the distance between the shop floor and the floor of the sweeper unit? Thanks for sharing.

KenB259

Ken, YOU LET YOUR WIFE IN YOUR SHOP?! This is a great idea and I might just have to copy it. Is it Patented or copyrighted [emoji848] ;) [emoji23]?
What is the distance between the shop floor and the floor of the sweeper unit? Thanks for sharing.

LOL yup, see that scroll saw in the background? That's her saw [emoji16]. The gap is 1 inch. I initially thought using some 2 x 4 that I have laying around, but then thought as close as I can get it to the floor , and still be usable, the better.

LOL yup, see that scroll saw in the background? That's her saw [emoji16]. The gap is 1 inch. I initially thought using some 2 x 4 that I have laying around, but then thought as close as I can get it to the floor , and still be usable, the better.

That's great Ken that you share your shop with your wife or visa versa. My wife makes custom greeting cards so a scroll saw is way out of the question for her. I have my shop, she has her craft room. Like she says, "it gives up that much needed separation". Thanks for sharing the info, I think your tool is a lot better than me trying use a broom.

jttheclockman

Is the scrollsaw an Excaliber or a Pegas?? What does she make?? Like to see some work.

Last time my floor looked that clean was right after I finished building it.

Top Bottom