My new Shop, well will be

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

here is the ground breaking for my new shop. actually we had been breaking alot of ground before these pictures got taken as you can see by the picture facing the other way. i am puting in a 52 foot retaining wall for my mother and then I will build a new shop for me. when that is done I will convert the Garage including my old shop space into an apartment.

Updated photo of ground breaking

Image Insert:
20045921211_ground%20breaking%203%20small.jpg

79.43KB

My two lovely daughters, their approval is still pending.

Image Insert:
200459212141_ground%20breaking%203a%20small.jpg

86.28KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hey Daniel!

That looks great! It is exciting to get started! I hope it goes together well for you! And please show progress pictures as you go along!

Scott.

Daniel

I was going to add anouther progress pic today but it woudln't look that much different then the one I have in my photo album.
as of today the fence in this picture that is straight ahead is gone. the ground is lowered almost all over to the level that the wheel barrow is setting. and the concrete wall on the left is about half the height it is in this pic the only part of the ground that is not flat is the little sloping stair way and it is only about two feet wide now.
and all this got done in my spare time when I was not setting rebar in the retaining wall. my mother has been doing all the hauling off of the dirt and alot of the digging. I break up the hard stuff and then she gets rid of it. my son helped out yesterday digging out fence posts and tearing out the fence itself.
when the concrete wall is all broken out all that dirt has to be hauled off as well.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your mom's working pretty hard, Daniel. Going to give her the day off tomorrow? [:)]

Daniel

Yes, We are a church going family so we have to take a break. we also put in a short day today. but still managed to get alot done. we better get rested up we have to pour two yards of concrete for the foundation of the wall. then get everything ready to pour the shop floor. the concrete work is always exhausting so we need to be fresh.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Daniel, that is the type of work I really enjoy. Pouring concrete, putting up walls, building a shop where you can turn out great things. I poured 18 yards last summer for a little project, and the feeling of complete exhaustion is very rewarding! Keep the pictures coming!

Daniel

Jeff,
I am very much with you. there is nothing worse than the tired from not doing anything. I have had alot of the complete exhaustion days this week.
I have been working 8 hours a day at my paying job than spending anouther 5 or 6 on this project. this is following a week of 13 hour days on my regular job. but those hours where spent working at Lake Tahoe so that isn't so bad.
I am trying to get the concrete for the wall and shop free. I have a friend that drives for a concrete company and they can give away the last of there loads at the end of the day. I need two yards just for the foundation of the wall though. He told me about throwing out 6 yards just the other day. sad I could have done the wall and my shop floor with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom