My New Scrolled Deskplate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KiltedGunn

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
and, oh yeah, some pens to go on it! :biggrin:

I've been working on this for quite some time...its the first thing I've really done for Me since I started woodworking years ago, so of course it was on the backburner most of the time! :rolleyes:

The pen/pencil set are PSIs Longwood kit, which I like but I highly suggest reading the directions on, because they're wierd! Curtis' worthless wood blanks, matching but reversed, with 6 coats BLO/CA and wet MM'd to 12000.

The truck is red oak and the base is live-edged spalted hackberry, both MM'd to 12000 and finished with tru-oil. The dog jumping over the back of the truck is black walnut, also finished in tru-oil and MM'd to 3200 (it started breakin on me so I stopped! :eek:).

It oughta start a conversation or three when folks go thru my office! :cool:

Comments welcome, thanks for lookin and for letting me share! Lee

Attachments

• My Deskplate with Pens back.jpg
    My Deskplate with Pens back.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 274
  • My Deskplate with Pens.jpg
    My Deskplate with Pens.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Nice scrollwork

Nice work with the scrollsaw and the pens look great.
I also like the longwood pen both with and w/o the finger grip.
I make one slight modification to the blank, I make is about 1/16" longer than the directions. Made a few and had an assembly problem where the top would not go all the way to the center ring, added lenght solved the problem.

I also know what you mean about a project for "you" getting on the back burner.

Keep up the good work.

bitshird

Nice Scroll work, good looking desk plate, the pens are also quite nice, I know how to put blades in my scrollsaw, and I even know how to turn it on, but that's as far as it goes! Great work Lee.

Rollerbob

I thought you used your scrollsaw to vibrate out the bubbles in PR.:biggrin: You mean the thing has a blade on it?:confused::redface: Nice scroll work, Lee!!:wink:

Top Bottom