My new pen blank cutter and shop vac

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gad5264

I have been looking for a band saw for months in the paper and on CL and have always been next on the list or sorry you just missed it. Well a friend of mine from work was telling me about his uncle who had a band saw and DC that he was thinking about selling. I talked to his uncle last night and set up a road trip for after work this afternoon.

So after work this afternoon I took a little road trip to get my new/used band saw and a lightly used DC. Here it is after I off loaded it in my driveway. A 16" ShopFox band saw and a Jet DC1100......$500 out the door.

200853112157_DSCF0002.jpg

200853112223_DSCF0004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Serious score there you lucky guy. I use the same DC but have added the pre-sorter to protect the DC unit's impellers from flying chunks of crap. Wayyyyy cheaper than replacing the impellers and way easier to avoid the unpleasant task of having to do so. Look here ... http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=4310 This fits a METAL 32 gallon trash can - Home Depot about $30.00 (get two)

Also, place the plastic bag into a metal trash can that fits under the support legs to protect if from getting ripped open. You can't begin to imagine how much dust gets distributed throughout the shop if that bag gets cut while the unit is on.

Woodcraft also sells a micron canister filter that replaces that cloth bag. This upgrade can make life in the shop much healthier for you and anyone else in there with you. I don't have that link.

desertyellow

That may just be the deal of the century.
Great things come to those who wait... or something like that.
Thanks for sharing..... the envy factor is very high right about now.
Great buy.

Tony,
Las Vegas

Top Bottom