My New Dream Workshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey All

A few months back I decided to build my dream workshop. She's a big shop at 2100 square feet, 13' ceilings, 400 amps of power and of course 600 square feet dedicated solely to wood turning.

My goal was to: a) Have a dedicated "dust room" for grinding knives; b) Have dedicated metal/wood/leather/jeweller rooms; c) Eliminate dust contamination by installing exterior doors between each room; d) Have room to complete all my hobbies under one roof; e) Have a proper climate controlled environment; and f) Have an small, sound isolated indoor shooting room that faces onto my rifle range.

It took an amazing amount of work to prep the site. First I had to move 2 existing garages with a crane and prep their new locations. Then I had to remove 70 dump-truck loads (1190 tons) of fill, dump and compact 175 dump-truck loads (3000 tons) of blast rock and pour 42 yards of concrete. It was certainly a big undertaking.

3 weeks have passed since construction started and the building is now 75%+ complete. The wiring should be finished by Tuesday and then on to insulation and interior plywood. I'm doing the walls of the wood/leather/jewelry rooms with high-grade plywood and "latching" the joins with dark stained 3" wide pine to make a nice dual-wood effect. The Metal and Grinding rooms are being painted gloss light grey with commercial fire retardant paint and the range room is being covered with acoustic tiles.

I took security very seriously with 8 exterior Nest ID cameras in the exterior of the building, (2 in each corner), and 6 Nest cameras inside.

Hope you enjoy the pics!
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG
IMG_1040.JPG

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A very close to perfect pen turning workshop - Have fun! And I also expect much larger projects.

Thanks for sharing and I am very happy for you. đź‘Ť

Top Bottom