My motor for this HF unit has packed up. My request from HF for a replacement and quotes will not be soon due to high volume of mails

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

Harbour Freight Central Engineering Wood Lathe replacement motor and variable speed switch box for wood lathe Model 95607.

My motor for this HF unit has packed up. My request from HF for a replacement and quotes for delivery to Singapore is held as HF has said their mails are very high and make take some time for a response,
Has anyone purchased this lathe spares from other vendors? I would be grateful for any leads.
Thanks
from Singapore
Stephen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Stephen

Exactly what do you mean when you say that the motor for your lathe has 'packed up'?

Have you checked the likely suspects for a problem:
  • the reset button on the front panel of the speed control box
  • brushes
  • Are there plug-in connectors in the cable between the speed control box and the motor? If so, are they tightly plugged in?
If the problem isn't due to one of these causes, then my next suspicion would be that something has failed in the speed control box. A true motor failure is possible, but less likely.

PSI has a replacement motor and speed controller that might fit your lathe. I think the motor carries a higher horsepower rating, but that alone should not be a problem - the only issue would be how easily it could be mounted on the lathe since I think it was designed for their Turncrafter lathes.

But to be quite frank, your best bet might be to shop around for a replacement lathe. The cost of the replacement motor and speed controller from Harbor Freight, shipped to Singapore, could easily be more than the cost of a similar lathe from a local vendor.

Stephen

Stephen

Exactly what do you mean when you say that the motor for your lathe has 'packed up'?

• brushes
  • Are there plug-in connectors in the cable between the speed control box and the motor? If so, are they tightly plugged in?
If the problem isn't due to one of these causes, then my next suspicion would be that something has failed in the speed control box. A true motor failure is possible, but less likely.

PSI has a replacement motor and speed controller that might fit your lathe. I think the motor carries a higher horsepower rating, but that alone should not be a problem - the only issue would be how easily it could be mounted on the lathe since I think it was designed for their Turncrafter lathes.

But to be quite frank, your best bet might be to shop around for a replacement lathe. The cost of the replacement motor and speed controller from Harbor Freight, shipped to Singapore, could easily be more than the cost of a similar lathe from a local vendor.
The motor does not run
  • brushes

Louie

Stephen

Stephen

• brushes

But to be quite frank, your best bet miI have checkedght be to shop around for a replacement lathe. The cost of the replacement motor and speed controller from Harbor Freight, shipped to Singapore, could easily be more than the cost of a similar lathe from a local vendor.
Hi Louie
Stephen

• brushes

Hi Louie,
Thanks for your suggestions.
The motor is inoperative. I have checked the reset button, brushes and all connectors. The power is delivered from the speed control box to the motor. Therefore, i think the motor is defective.
As suggested a replacement lathe is the the direction to go.
Thanks again.

farmer

The motor on my POS harbor freight lathe gets metal cutting in the motor and then the motor will not turn on until its taken apart and cleaned or blown out with compressed air or sucked out with a shop vac.
This has happened a dozen times to me .

Stephen

The motor on my POS harbor freight lathe gets metal cutting in the motor and then the motor will not turn on until its taken apart and cleaned or blown out with compressed air or sucked out with a shop vac.

I have stripped the motor during trouble shooting and cleaned them. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom