My little man. :(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LarryDNJR

I get a call on Saturday from my Ex-wife while I was at work and could hear my Son crying in the background. Apparently her oldest Son (14) was sitting in a powerwheel with her Daughter (7) pushing it, my son Larry III (4 1/2) who tripped on a rock next to it and fell having the back wheel run over his right hand. She said is swelled up right away, bruising and causing him a lot of pain. She was en-route to take him to the ER. I arrived about an hour later to find out from the doctor he broke 3 bones in his hand. The 1st 3 metacarpals had what they described as being a compression of the bones to cause a line breaking across all 3. The bones didn't actually break as much as they were squished. He has a temporary splint cast on now and will go back in next week for an actual hard cast. For the most part he is in good spirits about it. He is trying to adjust to do things he normally could but using his bummed hand. Unfortunately this is right hand which he uses for most everything. So back to wiping his butt again. lol sigh.

LarryDNJR

Attachments

• Larry III Hospital Broken Hand.jpg
    Larry III Hospital Broken Hand.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 313
  • Larry III Broken Hand.jpg
    Larry III Broken Hand.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 639
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Bummers. I think it hurts me worse when my boys get hurt but that is what boys do best. My war cry growing up was "we didn't have fun if we don't come home bleeding."

As for butt wiping very few people can say they are able to wipe their butts with either hand. Here is a chance to teach him a life skill that he can be proud of.

Jim Smith

I'm glad that he was not hurt more seriously. Just think, later in life that experience will be a badge of courage for him to share with his friends. When my son was 14, he had a minor accident and broke both wrists. When we got him home with both arms in casts, I told him that I would help him with everything including taking baths so he didn't get his casts wet. He looked me in the eye and said, "Dad, let's get something straight right now, you're not wiping my butt!" I just smiled and said, "I agree completely and I'm glad we got that out of the way." He was highly motivated to not have his mom or I involved any more than necessary so he found a way to manage. Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.

I hope your son heals quickly.

Jim Smith

SteveJ

Bummers. I think it hurts me worse when my boys get hurt but that is what boys do best. My war cry growing up was "we didn't have fun if we don't come home bleeding."

As for butt wiping very few people can say they are able to wipe their butts with either hand. Here is a chance to teach him a life skill that he can be proud of.

I can just imagine him in college proudly telling others of his special skill....

Sorry for his injury. Hope it doesn't have any long term implications.

LarryDNJR

He is in good spirits about the whole thing. He is adapting fairly well the last few days using just his left hand and such. Thursday the ex-wife is taking him to get his actual cast on. He has been experiencing a bit of pain which is to be expected. His fingers and top of hand are bruising a lot. Just keep icing the hand and give him the medicine.

Top Bottom