My Little Chickadee; pyrography

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

Always a pleasure to do some backyard sketching, then burn away the time - 2500 grit-sanded bass wood, 8x10":

HazelBackedChicadeeMarkisonPyrography.jpg

This little one favors our backyard trellis, and poses briefly.

Nice to note that other species don't wear watches, and don't watch the news.

Warm regards to all makers - Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful work, Bob !! . You are a man of many talents, and pyrography is yet another !!

( But I cannot understand why the built-in spell checker is questioning pyrography ! )

For some reason, I especially like your rendition of the chickadee's shadow !!

JohnU

I can relate Mark!

Love the picture Bob! Opening your posts are like a kid with a box of crackerjacks getting to the prize. You never know what your going to get but your excited because know your going to like it!

Bob in SF

Humble heartfelt thanks Alan, Mal, Tom, Mark, John, Ken, and Chuck!

I'm easily entranced by nature's animate and inanimate wonders - waking dreams with souls and purpose.

Always nice to stop time in rendered space - often guided and inspired by CG Jung's messages, including:
"The dream is a little hidden door in the innermost and most secret recesses of the psyche, opening into that cosmic night which was psyche long before there was any ego-consciousness,"
― Carl Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections, dictated to Aniela Jaffe in the final years of his life, 1957-1961

Ever grateful - Bob

howsitwork

I love that , especially the delicate shadows and eye rendition. The delicacy of it is spell binding. Well done

We have a pair of pheasants that visit our garden regularly (just wish at 5am they'd do it quietly ) nice to watch and relax with.

Best I can do is burn my initials and a few designs onto plywood but it keeps me happy.

Bob in SF

Many thanks for the kind comments, Ian!
I'm often outside in the pre-dawn hours - precious quiet time to observe wildlife.
I like to think I've gained a some trust among the little creatures who've long preceded us in species history.
They come closer when I'm drawing with pen or brush or fire (pyrography).

Bob in SF

I've begun a series of touchscreen laptop life drawings of backyard birds - including this tit-willow - 32 layers, always building from the background to the foreground to set the sparkly stage for these exuberant passerines. They'll soon make their way onto pens and into jewelry since they are readily scalable.
backyardwillowtit,markison,july19,20.jpg

Happy Sunday to all, and ever gratefully - Bob

Charlie_W

Bob, Wonderful detail on both the pyrography Chickadee and also the digital tit-willow!
Great to see your expertise across such diverse medium.
Thanks for sharing these with us.

Bob in SF

Many thanks, Charlie!
Since I grew up rendering with real art media, I've been cautious and a bit circumspect about the use of digital media - but it has it's advantages.
This bird bolo tie began as a colored pencil field sketch, macro-photographed (Nikon D300, 105mm macro lens), reworked with some digitally painted layers in Photoshop, printed onto archival quality metallic paper stock (www.mpix.com), cut out and set into a brass bezel, domed with jewelers grade (little-windows brand) epoxy resin, inlaid into turned olive wood textured with a Sorby micro spiraling tool, finished with tung oil - wood kept rough to mirror the bird's environment:
BirdBoloTie27markisonjuly2020sm.jpg

Warm regards, and thanks again! - Bob

Top Bottom