My latest work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Ligget

Here is my latest work for you all to see, first up is an Elm Burl Cigar with black chrome hardware and a CA finish.
CIGAR-1.png

Next another Cigar, this time Amboyna Burl with a CA finish and chrome metalwork.
CIGAR2A.png

Third pen is a Baron with Red Mallee Burl and gold titanium metalwork, again a CA finish is used.
BARON2-1.png

Closed end acrylic Baron next, came out quite nice, what do you think?
CLOSEDENDOPEN.png

And closed! :)
CLOSEDENDCLOSED.png

Thanks in advance to all who stop by and leave a comment! :biggrin:
Cheers
Mark

ldb2000

Beautiful pens Mark
Your finishes are amazing , the depth amd shine are outstanding .
Go grab a pint my friend , you deserve it :bananen_smilies046:

Last edited:

papaturner

Outstanding work on all the pens especially the closed end (I gotta try that ) however my favorite has to be the Elm burl that is a great piece of wood.:coffee:Have a cup on me.

badger

Great work! Especially the closed end pen.

Quick question about that one, I see that you don't use the extra rings there. Do you have to modify the cap in length or any other way to do that? Or is it just press fit and it works fine? Something that I've been thinking about doing for a double closed in end pen (just did my first today) and wasn't sure if I had to adjust things because the extra rings were not there.

badger

desertyellow

Mark, you have done it again.
Your work is always a joy to experience.
Of this set, my favorite is the third pen.
The Baron with Red Mallee Burl and gold titanium looks fantastic.

I also tip my hat to your closed end acrylic Baron.
Congratulations.

Ligget

Great work! Especially the closed end pen.

Quick question about that one, I see that you don't use the extra rings there. Do you have to modify the cap in length or any other way to do that? Or is it just press fit and it works fine? Something that I've been thinking about doing for a double closed in end pen (just did my first today) and wasn't sure if I had to adjust things because the extra rings were not there.

badger

There isn`t a lot of room under the finial when the pen is screwed into the cap, as the rings are being left off then the internal threaded section will slide in a little further than normal, I got away with it. But it would be better to measure what is going in there so as you do leave enough room.:)

badger

There isn`t a lot of room under the finial when the pen is screwed into the cap, as the rings are being left off then the internal threaded section will slide in a little further than normal, I got away with it. But it would be better to measure what is going in there so as you do leave enough room.:)

Thanks. I'll be sure to do some measuring and test fitting before I give it a go.

badger

Skye

All four are stunning. Finish is great. Excellent length on the Baron. I've got a acrylic blank like that I've been wondering what to do with, I may have to try something like that.

There's two small areas on the lower barrel of the elm burl where the burl caused pits in the CA, those can be a pain. Hey, I have to have some sort of nitpick, you didn't give me much opportunity!

PaulDoug

It has all been said. Ditto to all! That elm burl is really awesome. Elm is a weed tree around here. I have to give it new respect. Maybe our elm is not the same as your elm.

Ligget

There's two small areas on the lower barrel of the elm burl where the burl caused pits in the CA, those can be a pain. Hey, I have to have some sort of nitpick, you didn't give me much opportunity!

Skye I leave all my wood blanks as natural as possible when using a CA finish, little pits are a pain but I do not fill them (looks like a plastic blank).

I have a special little brush with the bristles cut to half the original length so it becomes stiffer, this helps remove CA dust etc when sanding. :)

So the little pits are still visable the way I like them but they are clean with no white residue in them! :tongue: :)

Ligget

Thanks everyone for the kind comments you posted.

Jay you can keep the mirror! lol :hypnotized:

Phil I used a closed end mandrel bought from Arizona Silhouette via an American friend! :wink: Skiprat has a tutorial in the library on how to make your own mandrel, worth a read.

Skye

Good deal man, just as long as you're aware of them. Some people don't know how to fill them or clean them properly and I never know which until I mention it.

Top Bottom