My latest cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skeels

Skeels

So I tried uploading a bit load of pics of my first and recent pens that I've done... Looks like only ones showing up. So from what I can see, this is acutally the latest cigar pen ive done. Nothing crazy fancy but i think it's nice. Chrome hardware and I cut the blank from and old skid laying around( runnera were red oak so I snagged it to use for something). Hit the oak with the torch sanded through 2500 grit (haven't got the micro mesh down yet) and the hit it with 15 coats of blo/ca, then hit it again with the 2000-2500and 15 more coats of blo/ca. After that again with the 2500 and finally some meguires plastx.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Here's a question... Why do most of my pics look like the pens bent when it's not?

The grain of the wood is tricking the eye. The difference between cap and barrel. You will learn to pay more attention to such details when making pens as you go. A good quality pen is one with precision and the care for details. My opinion. :)

Last edited:

mecompco

I think the pen look fine, random wood or not. I'm thinking it is the camera (or camera settings) causing the distortion.

Regards,
Michael

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
If you put a straight-edge to your picture, the image is curved slightly. Not the wood or your turning... It's the camera, image or download.

Nice pen, welcome to IAP!

Skeels

That's for the feed back guys. Especially the "nice pen" feed backs lol. There are a few of u on here that are saying it's my camera and I'm inclined to agree for the most part and another said it's my attention to detail and I also am inclined to agree with that. Not gonna lie, when I read the "details" post... It hit me right where it needed to lol. All about position and what have u... I'm no photgrapher but my wife takes some hella good pics so maybe I'll start lettin her take care of that part! As for the camera... Man I'm workin with what I got... An OLD iphone4 that's hit the deck more times than a Marine in boot camp lol. It's def time for an upgrade lol. Again, thanks for all the feed back and hopefully I'll have another done today... Since it's all ready half turned... Antler is a pain...

Top Bottom