My latest cigar deception

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DHappold

DHappold

Made with dyed curly mahogany and buckeye burl. Any advice on white film that keeps showing up on gold after being inserted into barrel? I used CA for assembly and am thinking of using epoxy instead in the future. Duane

Attachments

• ShivCig2.jpg
    ShivCig2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 248
  • ShivCig1.jpg
    ShivCig1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 231
  • shivCig.jpg
    shivCig.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

That is a gorgeous pen.

The white film is off-gas residue from the CA. This has happened to me as well. It happens when you assemble the parts before the CA has a chance to fully cure and off-gas. I let my components sit unassembled for several days prior to assembling them (except to see how they fit). I now use epoxy.

DHappold

That is a gorgeous pen.

The white film is off-gas residue from the CA. This has happened to me as well. It happens when you assemble the parts before the CA has a chance to fully cure and off-gas. I let my components sit unassembled for several days prior to assembling them (except to see how they fit). I now use epoxy.
Yep that what I figured. I found a few model ship builders complain about it also and they suggested olive oil stops the gassing. Not sure why it works I'll have to ask my son the future chemical engineer. I too plan on only using epoxy in the future.

Top Bottom