My last project for 2013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TimS124

TimS124

The rest of this month is tied up in projects that will keep me too busy to get back into my shop. So, this is the last thing I'll get to make this year.

I don't like the metal plug that the kits come with for the top but it was convenient and I put up with it.

This is for my daughter so I figured I should step it up a wee bit for my last project of the year and broke out the blind mandrel that's been waiting for me to try out. I definitely like the top of these rippers without that metal plug.

The material is Pink Coral TruStone….at least I think that's the correct color. I got it in a bulk purchase and the individual blanks were named and I have a few that vary quite a bit in their shades/colors but all look like they should be Pink Coral.

It turned really easily compared to some of the other TruStone colors I've used. I used a Woodchuck Pen Pro Carbide Turning Tool with the round carbide insert.

Attachments

• Taylor's seam ripper 12-18-13.jpg
    Taylor's seam ripper 12-18-13.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

TimS124

It's possible the correct color for the TruStone blank I used is actually, "Pink Mother of Pearl.".

I bought a bulk pack to get a discount and the colors weren't labeled. Some are pretty obvious (ex: banded malachite) but some of the colors don't quite match the normal names.

That's not meant as a complaint! I chalk it up to minor color variations between batches and/or possibly getting a discontinued color in the bulk package (which would be just fine as I'd have something less common which is always cool).

Top Bottom