My Large Order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KateHarrow

KateHarrow

Several weeks ago I teased a huge order I was working on - 100 Cheese boards, 75 Serving Trays, and 150 bookmarks for my biggest client. Well, now that they've been published I can share the final photos with you all. Each piece is made from upcycled Fender Guitar timber - Alder and Mahogany in this case. It's part of a green collaboration Fender and I have going where they send over wood they can't use (or off cuts) and my family business works to turn them into different products to sell on their website.
IMG_8420.JPG

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8421.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8422.JPG
    IMG_8422.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8426.JPG
    IMG_8426.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    535.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8428.JPG
    IMG_8428.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 72
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

Those look great! I second the comment on the book mark. The cheese boards turned out really nice as well.

KateHarrow

Sweet set up! How did you get a collab like that going? That's freaking awesome!
I met the right person at the right time and he happened to be high up at fender. When they gave me a tour of the facility where they make the guitars I pointed out that there was a lot of wood that was leftover from making the guitars that was, essentially, firewood for them. I offered the idea of making stuff out of that material and it went crazy from there

KateHarrow

Very nicely done. What did you seal the trays and the boards with? Did you do the engraving too?
I did all of the engravings as well - logos on the face of each serving and cheese board and our "maker's mark" on the back plus the bookmarks are all engraved and cut out on the laser.
The trays and boards are sealed with our homemade food safe finish and the bookmarks were done with lacquer

Top Bottom