My Irish Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My shop time this year has been very intermittent as family responsibilities have needed many days and weeks to be spent at my In-Laws.

So the construction of this pen was done over a 6 week period. One of the wonderful aspects of IAP is the opportunity to make friendships with folks you will probably never meet in person, and the sharing of conversation as well as materials. I had the blessing to be sent some beautiful Irish Elm, Irish Bog Oak, as well as several additional blanks and kits from a friend in N. Ireland.

I decided to return to a segmenting design I used several years ago. I should have used an easier design as my skills were pretty rusty and I made multiple mistakes along the way. This pen gave me problems from start to finish. It did end up nicely, so I won't nit pick it too much, but there are many things I would do differently. I did take a picture of one of my 'issues.'

So, Irish Elm, Irish Bog Oak, Trim rings and credit cards.

Thank you my friend!

IMG_1914.jpg
IMG_1913.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1910.JPG
    IMG_1910.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

My shop time this year has been very intermittent as family responsibilities have needed many days and weeks to be spent at my In-Laws.

So the construction of this pen was done over a 6 week period. One of the wonderful aspects of IAP is the opportunity to make friendships with folks you will probably never meet in person, and the sharing of conversation as well as materials. I had the blessing to be sent some beautiful Irish Elm, Irish Bog Oak, as well as several additional blanks and kits from a friend in N. Ireland.

I decided to return to a segmenting design I used several years ago. I should have used an easier design as my skills were pretty rusty and I made multiple mistakes along the way. This pen gave me problems from start to finish. It did end up nicely, so I won't nit pick it too much, but there are many things I would do differently. I did take a picture of one of my 'issues.'

So, Irish Elm, Irish Bog Oak, Trim rings and credit cards.

Thank you my friend!

View attachment 292958View attachment 292959

Top Bottom