My girlfriend wants to get into turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

So I brought my girlfriend along with me to the Midwest Penturners Gathering(MPG) this past weekend, and now she's wanting to dive in headfirst to the craft.

I already have 2 lathes, but one is a MT1 taper, and I don't have a mandrel, mandrel saver, or Jacob's chuck in that taper for her to use. She also doesn't have any tools of her own yet, but she'll be able to use any of my large assortment for now.

My uncle made a post very similar to this one years ago when I first got my lathe, and the overwhelming amount of generosity and support that this community responded with equipped me with everything I needed to turn for my first 2 years! I have done my best to pay that generosity forward as often as I'm able.

Now I'm hoping that this amazing young woman might be able to receive some of that generosity and encouragement as she begins her woodturning journey.

So if anyone has any of the items mentioned, or maybe a few kits and bushings laying around that you'd be willing to part with, either as a gift or at a fair price, please PM me.

I just want to say thank you in advance to anyone and everyone that reaches out, and to assure you that your generosity will be met with enormous gratitude from my girlfriend.

Top Bottom