My first Stretch pen..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Ligget

Here is the first Stretch pen I have made, metalwork is gold titanium the wood is English Yew and the finish is CA, comments welcome!:)

stretch-yew.jpg

stretch-yew-open.jpg

BruceA

Curious -

Mark,
Nice...again!
May I ask you about your photo compositioning? I notice it's usually with the pen at a 45 degree angle, top in upper left. Do you take the picture in this position, or do you take the picture with the pen horizontal, then rotate with your software?

Is the grey background a sheet of paper, or is it some other material?

What are you using for your software to do the post processing?

You photography is exemplary every time, and you obviously have some secrets you can share with us mere mortals.

Thanks
Bruce in TN.

Ligget

Hi Bruce, thanks for the compliment on my clear pictures. There is nothing too complicated about my process and the only software I use is Picassa 3 which is a free download.

My pens are laid onto a piece of grey card A4 size, photos are taken outside, no tripod, no flash, no light tent or lights, camera on auto then I press the macro feature. I like the angle to be top of pen in top left hand corner the way you see them is the way I photograph them.

Hope this helps a little!:)

Mark,
Nice...again!
May I ask you about your photo compositioning? I notice it's usually with the pen at a 45 degree angle, top in upper left. Do you take the picture in this position, or do you take the picture with the pen horizontal, then rotate with your software?

Is the grey background a sheet of paper, or is it some other material?

What are you using for your software to do the post processing?

You photography is exemplary every time, and you obviously have some secrets you can share with us mere mortals.

Thanks
Bruce in TN.

Lenny

Hi Bruce, thanks for the compliment on my clear pictures. There is nothing too complicated about my process and the only software I use is Picassa 3 which is a free download.

My pens are laid onto a piece of grey card A4 size, photos are taken outside, no tripod, no flash, no light tent or lights, camera on auto then I press the macro feature. I like the angle to be top of pen in top left hand corner the way you see them is the way I photograph them.

Hope this helps a little!:)

Ok, I followed your instructions to the letter ..... but my pens STILL don't look that good! :) Thanks for the tips. That's a great looking pen!

BruceA

Mark,
Ahahha! Your secret must be the Scotish sunlight...and you didn't tell us your camera is a high-end 12mp Canon!!:wink:

Now really - tell us more about your camera that you painstakingly set to...auto!

Thanks-
Bruce in TN.

Tn-Steve

Very nicely done as always. Yew has a great place in English history.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SECRET MESSAGE FOR NON-UK FORUM MEMBERS
What is it with these members of the United Kingdom... Skiprat making masterpieces using no tool more complex than a file, the good Liggett just "takes them outside, pops them on a piece of cardboard, sets the camera on auto" and takes world class pics.

I think they are up to something...

Steve
(oh yea, and they don't speak the same language as we do in America)

Nickfff

Mark,
That finish looks stunning.

What process do you use for applying the ca?

Thanks

Kaspar

I am actually not a pen nut -which I feel gives me a certain objectivity when I make pens. That is the first pen I've ever seen (including my own) that might make me into one. That's an incredible pen, even more so than your usual incredible.

jttheclockman

Mark

I too will join in the compliments and have to say your work is first rate. Not only the pen but the photograghy. The finish on the pen gives that deep grain look. Very well done.

You can always take pride in a pen when you see so many people responding to your presentation. Getting so many great compliments from your peers makes you feel good and you should feel great. Keep showing them and thanks for showing.

Top Bottom