My First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wfsteadman

wfsteadman

First and foremost, I apologize for the quality of the photo, I will get a better setup. I am very excited to have turned my first pen on my Jet 1221vs

Walnut Blank with Cigar pen with Gold fittings
I was so happy to get started that I did not have the full compliment of sandpaper so I did a 150, 220, 320, 400 then I used 3 coats of Thin CA and 2 Coats of medium CA. After that I polished with Micro Mesh from 1500 - 12000

It has some flaws but hey, I did not expect to hit a home run on the first at bat. Will keep turning and improving.
1_first.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveAxelrod

And so the addiction begins! Hard to judge from the photo, but the turning and finish look good for your first pen. Have fun, the adventure's just starting!

qquake

I think most start with a Slimline as their first pen. I know I did. But I wish I'd started with something bigger like the Cigar. Your first looks great!

wfsteadman

A better view I think

Here is a better view of the pen.
1_better-first.png

it has some white spots on the base, I think it is from the CA application maybe, but not sure

Last edited:

OZturner

No Apology for a "First Pen" needed here Wally.
An Excellent Pen,
Great Fit and Finish, I can't see the "white Spec's" on the Photograph.
Could be from the CA finish, in particular if you used an Accelerator for the setting off of the CA.
I suggest that you do not get rid of your 1st pen.
Keep it as a Memento and Gauge, to check back against with Future Pens, to Measure your Development and Progress, through this Addiction.
Congratulations,
Brian.

wfsteadman

No Apology for a "First Pen" needed here Wally.
An Excellent Pen,
Great Fit and Finish, I can't see the "white Spec's" on the Photograph.
Could be from the CA finish, in particular if you used an Accelerator for the setting off of the CA.
I suggest that you do not get rid of your 1st pen.
Keep it as a Memento and Gauge, to check back against with Future Pens, to Measure your Development and Progress, through this Addiction.
Congratulations,
Brian.

I gave it to my wife so I know it will never go anywhere and I can reflect back on it :)

Top Bottom