My First Pen Auction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NewfoundlandLaw

Hey All

In the past year I've made approximately 150 pens, but I never sell them. I sometimes give them to friends or clients, but I have never sold any.

Tomorrow night 3 of my Pens will be auctioned off live for a local charity. I have to say I am very interested in seeing how it goes so I thought I'd share the 3 pens with you all:

IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG

"Pen Turning on the Rock"IMG_1608.JPGIMG_1593.JPGIMG_1546.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I don't sell either, I looked into it but all of the tax stuff is just way too cumbersome for somebody that turns at my pace.
Almost every time I give one away the recipient will say "these are beautiful, you should sell them!". And I think "easy for you to say, I just GAVE you one". Its kind of hard to gauge what people actually think about your art until they have to pull out their wallet. My guess is that you'll do well, the pens are fantastic and your display and presentation are excellent. Best of luck!

MRDucks2

I don't sell either, I looked into it but all of the tax stuff is just way too cumbersome for somebody that turns at my pace.

I understand where your are coming from. In Indiana we always had a "side" business of some sort set up and paying taxes as required because it wasn't too complex.

In 2010 we moved to Texas, first Spring then Magnolia. The tax and reporting requirements for Texas was quite painful so we never did anything. I remember hearing on radio programs small business owners complaining that Texas penalized small business making things difficult, which surprised me with all of the other stuff I like about Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

penicillin

I admit that I am curious to know how much they go for. I hope you post the final sale amounts.

I have no interest in selling pens, but it would be nice to have a sense of the value of my gifts. It is the thought that counts, right?

Talltim

Very nice Marc. It was a little hard to read on my phone but does it say they come with seal skin pouches? You don't find those in Tennessee.

Very nice presentation. Hope they do well for the charity. They should.

Very nice Marc. It was a little hard to read on my phone but does it say they come with seal skin pouches? You don't find those in Tennessee.

Very nice presentation. Hope they do well for the charity. They should.

Yes, you are correct. They come in Seal Skin pouches. They look amazing and can be made very cheap here in NL since we have literally millions of seals.

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

SteveG

After my fun post, back to the pen auction. Those are fine looking pens, and should do well at auction. I have submitted pens before for granddaughter's school benefit. Often times, auctions will get a nice bump in the final offer, as the bidders realize it is as much a donation as it is acquiring the item(s). May it go well! :):)

I have to say that I am very proud of the end results.

I've made a lot of pens over the past year and while I don't sell them, I do enjoy donating them to charitable causes. I think these make 14 pens total gone to charity.

Makes me feel like my hard work is good for something. :)

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Last edited:
Top Bottom