My first nautical pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from frankmikalsen

frankmikalsen

Finnaly got this kit and had a chance to make a nautical pen. I really like it because a work offshore.

This is birch with blue car polish and CA.
I'm happy with it, and had to make three more right away because people would like to by them. That's nice :)

This is my first post on this wounderful forum.

Attachments

• nautical pen.jpg
    nautical pen.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Finnaly got this kit and had a chance to make a nautical pen. I really like it because a work offshore.

I'm happy with it, and had to make three more right away because people would like to by them. That's nice :)

Very nice looking pen and welcome aboard! Not to sound stupid, but what is "Blue Car Polish"? Can you share with me the process you used to apply the color to the wood? I've never heard of this process and the process looks very interesting.

frankmikalsen

Very nice looking pen and welcome aboard! Not to sound stupid, but what is "Blue Car Polish"? Can you share with me the process you used to apply the color to the wood? I've never heard of this process and the process looks very interesting.

I use something like this, but another brand here in Norway.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turtle-Wax...m=202032006296&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

Just apply with a rag until you have the colour evenly spread around the blank.
Then turn up the speed to polish away any polish that is left.
Let it try a bit, and then apply the CA glu

I use something like this, but another brand here in Norway.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turtle-Wax...m=202032006296&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

Just apply with a rag until you have the colour evenly spread around the blank.
Then turn up the speed to polish away any polish that is left.
Let it try a bit, and then apply the CA glu

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a very interesting process and the results look fantastic. I'll have to give it a shot and see how it does. Thanks again!

Top Bottom