My first forays into vertical casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tyrithe

Hi guys,

Still somewhat new in posting here, but I've found I've really been bitten by the casting bug. So much so that I'm not exactly sure what to do with all of them.

Here are what remains so far of my first 6 attempts

1. Dark blues and purple, was more of a test run to see how it goes.
2. My attempt to find a spring color scheme, I think this one almost worked. Maybe the melon color should be more light pink
3. Water
4. A (I believe successful) attempt at doing a faux abalone style of blank.
5. Fire
6. I had some pinks and purples, and decided to see what would happen.

20230909_221722.jpg

I'm clearing space so I can set up a proper photo setup in the next day or so, and will start posting some of the finished pens.

The only problem I'm really running into... What do I do with all of these? Does anyone else run into this same problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well so many people today are selling blanks. You can join the long list if you would like. Or just start making enough for yourself for your own pens. Have to say when people post blanks like this you really do not know what they look like unless they are turned. So maybe a good idea when showing to turn one down to either on a pen or at least to pen size and finish it to get full effect. Good luck.

tyrithe

Well so many people today are selling blanks. You can join the long list if you would like. Or just start making enough for yourself for your own pens. Have to say when people post blanks like this you really do not know what they look like unless they are turned. So maybe a good idea when showing to turn one down to either on a pen or at least to pen size and finish it to get full effect. Good luck.

I've turned 1 or 2 of each. I had 5 silicone plugs for PVC pipe, so I pour 5 at a time. I'm planning to post pen pictures over the next couple days, for sure, once I can get that figured out. Most of my images now are too dark.

Hippie3180

Hi guys,

Still somewhat new in posting here, but I've found I've really been bitten by the casting bug. So much so that I'm not exactly sure what to do with all of them.

Here are what remains so far of my first 6 attempts

1. Dark blues and purple, was more of a test run to see how it goes.
2. My attempt to find a spring color scheme, I think this one almost worked. Maybe the melon color should be more light pink
3. Water
4. A (I believe successful) attempt at doing a faux abalone style of blank.
5. Fire
6. I had some pinks and purples, and decided to see what would happen.

View attachment 359971

I'm clearing space so I can set up a proper photo setup in the next day or so, and will start posting some of the finished pens.

The only problem I'm really running into... What do I do with all of these? Does anyone else run into this same problem?
I'd be happy to turn some for you. šŸ˜‚

Top Bottom