My First Emperors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Original title, huh? :D

Here are the first two Emperor pens I have turned. Both are fountain pens. The top one is Crosscut Spalted Alder with a 22K gold kit. The bottom one is Double-dyed Boxelder Burl in Violet and Teal, with a Black Titanium kit. Both blanks are ones I got from Bill Baumbeck and have been hoarding for some time!

2006111548_both.jpg

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

I saw those beauties when you uploaded them and was hoping you'd comment on them. They are outstanding, Scott! You saved those blanks for the right pens. If you sell them, they are sure to bring in top dollar! Well done!

PenWorks

Yep....sure can tell you are a writer with that title [:D] Super looking pens Scott, I hope one of them is a keeper for you.

Happy New Year,

Scott

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I would have been back sooner, but my Wife decided it was time to clean the carpets today!!! [:0]

I made these for my next column in More Woodturning. Should be out the first of February. I may keep one, but I was also thinking of sending one as a turning exchange gift (Wood Central). I probably have to sell one of them to break even on the cost of the kits!

Terry - Yes, they're about $40 per kit, but you can save a bit if you get in on a group buy here.

Anthony - Yes, we writers like those snappy titles! [:D] I would like to keep one, but I don't know if I can justify it. We'll see.

Corey - The Spalted Alder kept fighting me, so I just put a CA finish on it. For the Boxelder one I just sealed the pen up nicely with CA while sanding, and then just buffed with the Beall wheels. No particular finish - the plastic resins in the stabilized blanks allow them to take a pretty nice shine by themselves.

Thanks again!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom