My first casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

A fellow penturner gave me a mold that he wasn't using which gave me the incentive to try some casting. Being unhappy with glitter distribution in bought blanks I decided to give it a go. Very happy indeed with the result. Photography doesn't seem to capture the real effect.
20210611_125245~2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Derek

thats nice work. How did you get the even distribution of glitter in the resin?

I steer clear of glitter ever since out previous dog swallowed a whole,load and left little spangling presents in the garden. In the winter morning my son found a "spangly poo " frozen and asked innocently if we could keep it because it looked so pretty?🤣

DJBPenmaker

Derek

I steer clear of glitter ever since out previous dog swallowed a whole,load and left little spangling presents in the garden. In the winter morning my son found a "spangly poo " frozen and asked innocently if we could keep it because it looked so pretty?🤣
Now that I've stopped laughing at your hilarious story.
I thought back to when I tried turning a few of the circuit board blanks and how, when they are turned, the circuit board was magnified and seemed to fill the whole blank and so I painted the tube black, applied glue and carefully distributed holographic glitter around it and then cast in clear Pu. and the glitter appears to fill the whole blank.

DJBPenmaker

Derek

Now that I've stopped laughing at your hilarious story.
I thought back to when I tried turning a few of the circuit board blanks and how, when they are turned, the circuit board was magnified and seemed to fill the whole blank and so I painted the tube black, applied glue and carefully distributed holographic glitter around it and then cast in clear Pu. and the glitter appears to fill the whole blank.
Derek
I've never heard of that particular casting resin ... Pu.
Sorry, that's Polyester (I was just checking if anyone was paying attention🤣)

DJBPenmaker

The pen and experiment came out well. Need to keep them coming now.
Hmmm another bottomless pit to dive into. I've already ordered more stuff and I want to try other castings now. I'm doomed
I think "PU" is a very accurate name for polyester resin! …. Since it stinks so much! Also, congrats on your first cast! Looks great!
Thank you and yes you sure are correct👍😀

Top Bottom