My First Black Titanium Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first Black Titanium Statesman fountain pen. I have looked at this finish for awhile and waited for a turned blank that looked like it suited this finish. This is a double dyed violet teal BEB. There is not too much teal, but the violet and the Black Titanium seemed to hit it off.

Thanks for viewing,:)

20053223457_IMG_1054.jpg

200532234527_IMG_1051.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Ken, that's a beautiful pen and you did an excellent job on it. This is the kind of pen that looks great on display. It's real eye candy and anyone that looks at will think OMG this guy does good work. Even if the pen never sells, it still a great pen to have to draw attention to your work. The colors are striking and really stands out.

And don't get me wrong here, as a gift I'd love this pen and use it. But I wouldn't buy this color of pen for myself, it looks more like a womens pen, but I wonder if a woman would buy this big of a pen? They might, who knows. But like I said, this is still a great pen to have on display, it will definitely bring attention to your work and help sell other pens. I hope you took this the right way, I really like this pen, and I think it will help you in many ways. Great work!

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br />Ken, that's a beautiful pen and you did an excellent job on it. This is the kind of pen that looks great on display. It's real eye candy and anyone that looks at will think OMG this guy does good work. Even if the pen never sells, it still a great pen to have to draw attention to your work. The colors are striking and really stands out.

And don't get me wrong here, as a gift I'd love this pen and use it. But I wouldn't buy this color of pen for myself, it looks more like a womens pen, but I wonder if a woman would buy this big of a pen? They might, who knows. But like I said, this is still a great pen to have on display, it will definitely bring attention to your work and help sell other pens. I hope you took this the right way, I really like this pen, and I think it will be a help you in many ways. Great work!

Hi RT,

You are right, when I turned my first one three pens ago I wasn't sure if it was the right pen for the blank...but it sold in a day, then the following two sold as fast....so as much as I thought it wasn't the right colour for the kit, my customers really want that colour. It's not always that easy to read what people want...but if they like it I have no problem making it in that colour.

I appreciate your comments, and, as alsways this is a great group, always supportive, I took it the way you meant to say it, [;)]

WoodChucker

Well that just shows how little I know about selling pens. [:D]

Congrats on the sales! They are without a doubt pretty pens!

WoodChucker

JIM, I can't believe I did it twice. I must need some sleep or better drugs. lol

Anyway, sorry about that, again! [:)]

dougle40

Very nice looking pen Jim. Not my choice for color but my Grand Daughter would absolutely love it , purple (mauve) is her favorite color . I'll have to look into turning one for her as a "welcome to motherhood" in May .

PenWorks

Great looking pen Jim, the blank and color turned out fantastic. I really like it.
Don't pay any attention to RT. He is still stuck on faded green LOL. He has been in Michigan way to long and never has a chance to see the beautiful blue sky and the colors of the real world.

Anthony

Peninhandrjg

Jim,
Outstanding Pen!!! I've turned one cigar using the violet & teal BEB.. It is my day to day pen. How did you finish yours?
Randy aka Peninhand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom