My first bespoke..err kitless..3 part pen…whatever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KateHarrow

KateHarrow

I've been making pens seriously since 2018 and right before Covid shut the world down got to take a class with the incredible Jim Hinze on bespoke penmaking. Life (and a global pandemic) got in the way and I never went back and tried to make one on my own. Yesterday I said screw it and finally dusted all those tools back off

I'm thrilled with the result. It has a medium Jowo nib in it and the section is probably 1/4" too long but for a first go I'm pretty stoked

E6DA2DEC-C3FA-4F86-8FC0-B1EE02E4B79A.jpeg
A72F1427-B07B-4630-A0D8-83B2EC0AB7D7.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

Very nice work, i like the big size of this pen to be honest. Just a question when you make such a pen you have to buy the nib with the feed as a part i suppose, is that nib a simple one (i.e.made of steel) ?how much such a part would cost and is it "changeable" with a more expensive (gold plated ?) Nib in the future? Keep up the nice work, cheers.

derekdd

Nope! Cast in house (Bullseye Turning Supply) . It's supposed to be our Kokomo mix but the red came out too purple so it got put in our "oops" bin. It is quite sparkly but no diamonds
Well, it's a beautiful accident then and made for a eye catching pen.

KateHarrow

Very nice work, i like the big size of this pen to be honest. Just a question when you make such a pen you have to buy the nib with the feed as a part i suppose, is that nib a simple one (i.e.made of steel) ?how much such a part would cost and is it "changeable" with a more expensive (gold plated ?) Nib in the future? Keep up the nice work, cheers.
Oh I have super tiny hands. This is probably the size of a junior.

And yea you do need to buy the nib, feed, housing, and converter. It's about $20 all in for a basic one but can absolutely be upgraded

I like it. Nothing wrong with that blank. One thing to help you improve, use a toothbrush and some polishing compound to polish the threads. After all even threads need to brush their teeth.

Jans husband

I like it. Nothing wrong with that blank. One thing to help you improve, use a toothbrush and some polishing compound to polish the threads. After all even threads need to brush their teeth.
But don't forget to put the toothbrush back in its holder next to the sink afterwards, or the better half will notice its gone!
Mike

Top Bottom