My first acrylic blank turned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texas Turning

Texas Turning

Jade swirl acrylic blank from woodcraft on black enamel vertex click pen. This was my very first time turning an acrylic blank. I definitely enjoyed it and I am pleased with how well it turned out.

Attachments

• 2018-02-08-00-06-36.jpg
    2018-02-08-00-06-36.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 251
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Looks like a really good finish you achieved there. Is the tube showing through a little or is that just shadow in the photo?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DJBPenmaker

Looks like a really good finish you achieved there. Is the tube showing through a little or is that just shadow in the photo?

Probably tube. I've used those blanks, and they're pretty transparent.
Have you tried painting the tube and or the inside of the blank first? usually white or black. The difference is amazing. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.
Derek

DJBPenmaker

Probably tube. I've used those blanks, and they're pretty transparent.
Have you tried painting the tube and or the inside of the blank first? usually white or black. The difference is amazing. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.
Derek

Sorry John, I thought it was the original poster replying. Should look first!

Woodchipper

TT, Woodcraft has pre-painted tubes for Slimline pens- white only. Not sure if they have other size tubes. I bought some for future use. A search on the forum will bring up several threads on both painting the tube and/or the inside of the blank.
Nice pen.

Texas Turning

That is the tube that you see. Being that this is my first acrylic I should have done a little more research, but lesson learned and since it's only been about a month since I ever used a lathe or made a pen I'm extremely happy with my progress. I really do appreciate all the suggestions and information people on IAP have and the willingness to help a fellow pen turner.

Top Bottom