My Christmas gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

My lovely spouse got me this for Christmas and I can't tell what a game changer it is. I know they make bigger and more powerful units, but this thing is awesome, perfectly suited for my small shop. I've been using it for two days and there's no more sawdust under my table saw or bandsaw. I took the panel off my table saw and it is squeaky clean in there. I am one happy camper. IMG_0949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Awesome gift--and it will let her keep you longer too!! i'm kind of neutral on a lot of Rockler products, but i really do like the DustRight fittings--creates a good "standard" from tool to tool.
earl

Charlie_W

You have a wonderful wife & Congrats on the dust collector!

Did you get the optional 5 micron bag? The collector comes standard with a 30 micron bag....that will blow a lot of the extra fine dust into the air that you breathe. Please use a dust mask to protect your lungs.
There is also a 1 micron canister filter available for this unit. It is more pricey but will grab more of those fine dust particles.

KenB259

You have a wonderful wife & Congrats on the dust collector!

Did you get the optional 5 micron bag? The collector comes standard with a 30 micron bag....that will blow a lot of the extra fine dust into the air that you breathe. Please use a dust mask to protect your lungs.

There is also a 1 micron canister filter available for this unit. It is more pricey but will grab more of those fine dust particles.

I have the standard bag and will probably upgrade to the 5 micron bag.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

KenB259

. . . Did you get the optional 5 micron bag? . . .

Charlie is right, it's the extra fine stuff that'll get you, not the junk you can see!

Congrats and have fun!

I also have a Rikon air cleaner hanging from the ceiling, that one goes down to 1 micron I believe and beyond that I always wear a respirator while sanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom