My Bash Contest entries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jonjon

jonjon

I thought I would post my three entries from this year's bash. My comments may seem a little late, but I have been out of the country on a mission trip and just returned last night.

First let me say that I am thankful to all of those who ran the contests. They were a lot of fun to participate in and all of the entries were great. I was thrilled that my entries did as well as they did.

I learn something from each pen I turn. Somethings I learn from my successes but probably more comes from my mistakes. With the slimline entry I learned how hard it is to take a semi-decent picture of a white pen. I finally resorted to getting help with the picture. With my segmented pen I learned it would be nice to have a third arm when trying to get everything together and with the pretty wood pen you never know how it will look till you are finished.

All constructive comments appreciated.

Attachments

• Pretty wood pic 2.jpg
    Pretty wood pic 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Faux bone sline - Copy.jpg
    Faux bone sline - Copy.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_8256 - Copy resized.jpg
    IMG_8256 - Copy resized.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done for all three. Nothing wrong with any.

The slim may be a basic blank and kit - but it is executed perfectly and is a beautiful pen.

Now the pretty wood and the segmented are a certain class above. Each is an exceptional work. Please continue, as you have a wealth of talent. Life will only get busier for you, but the tools and material is there when needed.

Enjoy, and thanks for sharing.

(This AGAIN why we need to foster the Youth Contests - They will carry the banner).

magpens

Beautiful work, Jon !!!
I see you got 1st for your segmented pen in the Youth 14-17 Contest - Congratulations !!!
And 2nd for your Thuya burl in the Pretty Wood Contest - Congratulations !!!

That is EXCELLENT !!

Last edited:

RangeRat

All three are great looking pens and I voted at least once for each of them in the contests.

OZturner

Excellent Pens Jonathan,
Magnificent Blanks, Superb Segmented Blank, Stunning Burl, and an Eloquent Faux Bone Slimline.
Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Congratulations on your Prestigious Awards.
Brian.

Top Bottom