My B-day Gift - Stingray Wallet!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolandranch

My brother Nate made me a really cool wallet out of stingray leather for my birthday and I thought you all might like to see it.

The white marking is the bony center of the stingray hide. Stingray leather is super tough so this wallet should last me a very long time. He made the inside out of pigskin which also very durable but thin enough so the wallet is not too bulky.

Needless to say... I like this a lot!

Here are some photos:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolandranch

Very nice, your brother should go into the business
Thanks! He is actually already in the business. As you know, he makes a lot of pen sleeves but he also gets a lot of custom orders (gun holsters, belts, wallets, journals, horse tack, etc).

Last edited:
Have a local buddy that does high end leather work. I know how hard it is to work with stingray... You owe your brother one ;)

My wife has a stingray belt with matching 1911 holster. (pictured)

Attachments

• CallieHolster2.jpg
    CallieHolster2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 100

Rolandranch

Have a local buddy that does high end leather work. I know how hard it is to work with stingray... You owe your brother one ;)

My wife has a stingray belt with matching 1911 holster. (pictured)
That's a nice holster! Yeah, he told me how hard it was to cut and sew. It's tough stuff.

PenPal

Precious times receiving skilled workmanship from your brother Nate ,Seth it is indeed a work of art. When I was young my Dad was in the Military in Egypt and sent me a wallet with deep tooling significant to near where he was,it really came home to me how important gifts are.

Families are forever.

Peter.

Rolandranch

Precious times receiving skilled workmanship from your brother Nate ,Seth it is indeed a work of art. When I was young my Dad was in the Military in Egypt and sent me a wallet with deep tooling significant to near where he was,it really came home to me how important gifts are.

Families are forever.

Peter.
Thank you, Peter. I agree. It is very special to receive such a thoughtful gift from a family member (or friend).

KiwiBob

I have had my very stylish Stingray wallet for about three years and it still looks like new.
It does have a significant downside in that it is so hard wearing that its chafed through the hip pockets on several pairs of Levis denim jeans. Ive never had a wallet do that before.

Top Bottom