My 2024 PITH Exchanges

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings everyone,

I had accepted a couple of PITH exchanges before Scott (woodwzrd) created the 20th Birthday Bash PITH so I am posting all of them here. I will also make a post in the PITH Reveal thread that Scott started with a link to it. The format and guidelines that Scott came up for the Bash PITH were new and unique this year - a pretty cool twist. Anyway, here are the details and results of the various PITH exchanges I had.

First, the Bash PITH, my "Send To" was David (d_bondi) and my "Receive From" was Keith (keithbyrd). Keith sent me a gorgeous pen made out of African Blackwood and Ivory from a Hippopotamus Tooth - pretty amazing stuff and a gorgeous pen. Then a day or so later a generous box of simply amazing blanks arrived. I am so anxious to put them to use. They include big chunks of Brown Mallee and Myrtle burls, a Madrone burl and Redwood Burl along with 3 pieces of Cherry burl. It also included a piece of Ebony from Papua New Guinea, Desert Ironwood, Bolivian Rosewood, and a piece spalted Curly Maple along with blanks from NCCU and from the University of Michigan Chrisler Arena -- oh yes, a piece of Hippopotamus Tooth and a stabilized corn cob. Like I said, a generous box - a very generous box. - Thank You Keith.

IMG_4284 Cropped PITH Pen Keith Byrd.jpg IMG_4289 Cropped Blanks from Keith Byrd.jpg

I also had a side PITH with Joe Tuinstra (joebobber). We had a nice exchange of information and Joe sent me a cool Redheart pen with Rhodium plating. Thank You Joe.

IMG_4266 Cropped (PITH Exchange with joebobber).jpg

And I had a side PITH with Markus (SabertoothBunny). We had a nice exchange of information and decided to exchange something made from pen blanks other than pens. Markus sent me a Hobby Knife made with a segmented blank of Ash and Padauk. He also included some hybrid blanks that he cast with Cottonwood and Gumseed Pods along with a Redwood/Sequoia blank and a Not Sure blank that I think looks like Spalted Tamarind, Sycamore, or maybe Elm? Thank You Markus.

IMG_4200 Cropped (Hobby Knife from SabertoothBunny).jpg

IMG_4199 Cropped (Blanks from SabertoothBunny).jpg

Thank you to Scott and everyone involved in the PITH exchanges. As a reminder to everyone, you don't have to wait for an Anniversary BASH or other celebration to enjoy the benefits of a PITH exchange. You can organize an exchange with another member at any time by posting your willingness and expectations (aka your rules) in the "PITH (Pen In The Hat - Pen Swaps) forum then make a connection with one or more of the responders. Just as in the larger organized events, the participants exchange information and perform the swap. After they are completed, pictures of pen swaps are usually posted in the forums for all to share. If you haven't been in a PITH yet, I encourage you to jump in and try it - it's great fun!

Regards,
Dave

Top Bottom