My 2017 Pretty Wood Pen entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

This was my 2017 Pretty Wood Pen entry. Have to say it was the first pen I turned in a very long time. Good to get the lathe cranked up again.

Thanks for looking and any comments or questions are always welcomed.

This is an exotic wood. Asian Satin Burl blank.(lagerstroemia Calyculata) AKA: Pyinma Burl from southeast Asia (Laos)

Soft silky smooth flowing figured wood with unbelievable grain pattern ranging from curly to fiddleback. Nice tiny birds-eyes throughout. This wood has the highest burl eyes count of any wood. Turns easily and finishes beautifully.

Turned and finished with 10 coats of thin CA. MM and polished to a high shine. Beautiful pen blank to behold. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP0139.jpg
    Copy of IMGP0139.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Thanks Lewis. At least I did not forget how to turn a pen. Has been quite awhile. Had to take my CA out of the freezer and surprise after 2 years it still was good to go:biggrin:

jttheclockman

Beautiful from finial to nib! Thanks for sharing. I never saw that kit before; what is it please?
Thank you.

Tony that is Dayacom Imperial Rhodium and Black Titanium rollerball full size

I love these kits and always have. I believe they are the classiest kit out there. That is just my opinion. Solid, easy kit to assemble.

Top Bottom