Murdered Out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mnerland

mnerland

Funny where inspiration can come from. I was mowing my lawn and noticed my neighbor's son had a "Murdered Out" (Blacked out Truck). I'm not a big fan of this style on a vehicle, but thought it might look good on a pen. It's a "modified" (no center band) black enamel PSI Comfort and a solid black acrylic blank. Obviously, not a whole lot of design consideration in this one! 😄
Blackout.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Nice. I'm not a fan of the look on trucks but I'm seeing more and more. I didn't know that was the term for the look. Sounds kinda harsh to me. I've made some Thin Blue Line Bolt Action Pens for some on the police force. I cast a black and white American Flag with one of the stripes colored blue. I put it on the black enamel kit and it looked really good. Not too sure I like the look on a pen but not a truck. I guess if I get tired of the look it's easier to build another pen than to buy a new vehicle.

mnerland

I'm curious as to how you eliminated the center band, since the twist mechanism is put into the lower tube.

Jim:
The lower tube is not glued into the blank. The tip and twist mechanism are pressed into the lower tube as normal. To operate, hold the tip and twist the pen. When replacing refills, pull out on the tip and the tip, tube, and refill come out. This can be done with Slimlines also. This was my first attempt doing this.

magpens

I did a Stratus pen like that for my next door neighbors. .
He drives a totally black truck. . His wife drives a totally black SUV, and she wears nothing but black, so now she has a pen to match !!
I used an AA Solid Black blank.

howsitwork

I actually like the sleek shape and with no colours to hide it it has to be right. Well done for making it so exact.

As for the truck I thought the term was "pimpmobile" as no 9ne can see what's happening inside??

its_virgil

I'm curious as to how you eliminated the center band, since the twist mechanism is put into the lower tube.

Look in the library for an article on one piece slimlines. I have two there (one on the pen itself and another on improvements) and there are probably others. I rarely use the center bands on slimlines. There are so many designs one can make without them. Ican send the one piece article to you if you want.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom