MultiThreading on the Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

Interesting old article here on multi threading.

I have attached a copy converted to pdf format

Attachments

• MultiThreading01.pdf
    699.8 KB · Views: 418
  • MultiThreading02.pdf
    805.1 KB · Views: 318
  • MultiThreading03.pdf
    747.5 KB · Views: 309
  • MultiThreading04.pdf
    654.5 KB · Views: 316
  • MultiThreading05.pdf
    698.3 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Great find Fred:biggrin: Thanks for that, the article explains things very well.
Would you kindly do me a small favour? Please would you create a pdf of the final page as well?
:wink:

Cheers.

BTW, I popped my speed controller on my machine, so I'm out of action till I save my pennies for a new one:mad:

randyrls

Fred; That is excellent. It never occurred to me to use a single thread tap to make multi start threads.

I wonder if my 9x20 is stiff enough to do the threading? I have a DC drive controller on my machine, so I can go down to nothing on the RPMs.

jhs494

Page six

If I did this correctly this should be page six.

BigShed this is an excellent link on lathe techniques.
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Attachments

• Page six.pdf
    137.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

BigShed

Great find Fred:biggrin: Thanks for that, the article explains things very well.
Would you kindly do me a small favour? Please would you create a pdf of the final page as well?
:wink:

Cheers.

BTW, I popped my speed controller on my machine, so I'm out of action till I save my pennies for a new one:mad:

Sorry Steven, I had them all in 1 pdf but the forum wouldn't allow me to upload a 3+Mb pdf, so I split it, and forgot about page 6. Thanks to jhs494 for correcting my omission.

This is actually the first time that I fully understood how multi-lead threads work and are made, so I thought others might get something out of it as well.

Sorry to hear about your EVS going kaput Steven, can you get a replacement driver board? Only this morning on one of the Yahoo forums someone pointed to a great fault finder article on the Little Machine Shop site, I'll see if I can find the link and I will email it to you.

BigShed

If I did this correctly this should be page six.

BigShed this is an excellent link on lathe techniques.
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Thanks for that Joe, I had to split the full pdf in to pages to be able to upload to the forum and I obviously forgot page 6.

Those of you that would like a single pdf of the 6 pages, please pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Last edited:

Daniel

Thanks guys. Page 6 worked fine for me from the link above.
this might help me explain to Vera what multi start taps and dies are.

Top Bottom