Mr. Anonymous Game #74 @ 01/04/2020

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

I understand that for most of us this is not the best time of our life's and the only thing I can say is, I'm happy that we can still talk to each other as normal and do not run the risk of infecting or being infected so hung in there, things will get better...!

Every so often I like to bring out one of my turnings and challenge you guys as to the wood(s) used so the question is;

This little jewellery box I made for my wife was made out of 2 wood types/species, please name them.

016.JPG

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

PS: You are allowed 3 guesses but each guess on a separate post

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Since entries seem to be slow getting started, I'll kick it off

Colonial Red Gum (#9) for the top
Curly/Twisted Gum (#8) for the box

robutacion

Since entries seem to be slow getting started, I'll kick it off

Colonial Red Gum (#9) for the top
Curly/Twisted Gum (#8) for the box
Thanks Edgar,

I have considered not to put the game up this month for obvious reasons but then I thought that on the other hand, I don't see why not, after all, there is no risk and winners can claim their prizes until the end of the year or more if necessary.

With that said I also understand that some folks have had their lives turned upside-down lately and don't feel like playing games and if that is the case, I can only hope things get to some normality sooner rather than later.

Cheers
George

hannah

I won last month so I won't make a guess, but I definitely recognize the lid material! It looks like one of the beautiful blanks I got in your shipment.

robutacion

She Oak lid
Peppercorn tree bottom
Alan
Yeah, I knew that the wood on the lid would be easily recognised by many of you but the bottom part that is a different story reason I decided of that image. With that said, I have used and made reference to this wood species many times before, not something that many folks have turned yet but quite abundant here in South Australia and other States.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I hope everybody is keeping safe and out of troubles.

I have already announced that I was not in a hurry to close this game #74 with that said, I have to close it at some time so I will just do that in the next 24 hours, probably about this time tomorrow so, if you are still considering to participate, this would be the time.

PS: Some fruit trees produce fruit in the form of nuts...! 🤔 ;)

Cheers
George

robutacion

OK peoples, the winner is gimpy on his post #28, congrats mate, you finally got it right...! 👍

At the time I did this jewellery box for Merissa, I did also turn other pieces using some Almond from an old and large Almond tree had to be removed from its location to give room to a shed extension at this guy's place. Old Almond wood is just beautiful with this jewellery box I also used so True Turquoise crushed stone to fill in some voids, in the end, it turned out nice at least the wife liked it...!;)

Thank you to all that decided to participate, these are not great times but I hope I provided a little entertainment to some and a nice prize to the winner, thank you.

The winner will receive soon a PM with the voucher code to be used by the 31 December 2020.

Keep safe guys and gals...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 013d.jpg
    013d.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 012d.jpg
    012d.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 004z.jpg
    004z.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 142
  • 008z.jpg
    008z.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 006z.jpg
    006z.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 151

gimpy

Hip hip hurray

I've been doing these contests for
as long as I can remember

Thank you George,
Can't wait to hit the "candy store"

OK peoples, the winner is gimpy on his post #28, congrats mate, you finally got it right...! 👍

At the time I did this jewellery box for Merissa, I did also turn other pieces using some Almond from an old and large Almond tree had to be removed from its location to give room to a shed extension at this guy's place. Old Almond wood is just beautiful with this jewellery box I also used so True Turquoise crushed stone to fill in some voids, in the end, it turned out nice at least the wife liked it...!;)

Thank you to all that decided to participate, these are not great times but I hope I provided a little entertainment to some and a nice prize to the winner, thank you.

The winner will receive soon a PM with the voucher code to be used by the 31 December 2020.

Keep safe guys and gals...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom