Mr. Anonymous Game #71 @ 26/12/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

This will be last game for 2019, let's see who gets it...!

QUESTION:

*- During 2019 that is now almost gone and quite frankly I won't miss it, out of all the 98 wood species I sell, there is one that was my best seller for the year, can you tell me what that was..? (wood species number or name will be OK...!)

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

PS: You are allowed 3 guesses but each guess on a separate post

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Best seller by number of pieces , total weight sold , or $$ ?

Olive ?
The question refers to the species and cut type performed on those packs so, the best seller was one of the many packs of blanks I sell, however, and as most of you know, in most species I process straight, diagonal, cross cuts, spalted, burl, burled, curly, crotch, stabilised and maybe other that I can't recall at this moment so, there is one particular pack type that sold the most, in quantity that is...!

Hope this clears your questions.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Best seller by number of pieces , total weight sold , or $$ ?

Olive straight cut
This is what I was talking about on my last post, with certain wood species with no "variants" or only a few, I still need you to identify the exact pack that was the best seller, for example, with the Olive you mentioned, apart from straight, diagonal and cross cuts, I offer, Olive burl, Grade 2 or "Pretty", Olive root burl, Olive root with the grain (that in Olive root there is no exact grain direction), Olive Blue, "Gems", Olive Bulk (lots of 10), wild Olive st/Z/X, Olive spalted, what else am I forgetting...? 🤔

As you see, I need you and the other members to be more specific to the point where, I can go straight to the web-store and pull-out the listing of that bestseller, capish...?😉🦘

Cheers
George

Last edited:

greenacres2

Final guess--definitely not the right one, but one of the coolest woods ever from George....
Tortuosa/Corkscrew Willow #33, Blue, Old. I really like that wood.
earl

robutacion

Final guess--definitely not the right one, but one of the coolest woods ever from George....
Tortuosa/Corkscrew Willow #33, Blue, Old. I really like that wood.
earl
Hi Earl,

Yeah, some years back that wood/burl was my best seller, either raw or stabilised, I have been wishing all this time that I would find some more of it but so far no luck.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Buckeye burl
G'day Terry,

Unfortunately, I don't have Buckeye burl, doesn't grow in Australia but I would be a happy man if I had some, this burl is the closest thing to the Tortuosa Willow tree burl, from colours to wood texture/lightweight, it is certainly an easy wood to stabilise and colour.

Try again, sorry.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Great guesses guys...! 😉

I'm in no hurry to close this game down as I understand many folks have been too busy with Christmas, I think that I let it go for a couple more days.

Cheers
George

robutacion

G'day good folks,

I understand that most of you guys and gals have your attention on other things this time of the year, many of may even be away visiting friends or family or simply have a holiday somewhere where phones/computers are not welcome so keeping in touch wouldn't be easy but, as the old saying goes, we have to work with what we have in hand so, the guesses so far have been great and I appreciate still then willingness most of you have shown in taking the time to play the game and put some guesses in.

Now, talking about the guesses so far, I can only say that no one has given me the exact answer I'm after even though I have stressed the fact that due to the number and variety of blanks/packs I sell, I need the answer to be specific to the point I can pull the listing from the Web-store and show it to you as it is named/titled.

In certain woods, I gave them an extra name, that in my view represents the way I'm presenting those woods to you, I use grading the woods and withing those grades I can use official grade terms or a combination of both, this doesn't change what the wood is but helps to identify more accurately what I'm selling so, what I'm trying to say is, whatever the title I gave to these blanks on my web-store listings and "Timber List" those are what I'm looking for in this game.

Some of you are close but not as close as want to/requested.

Cammon guys, put the thinking hats on and let's do this...!

I'm 5 minutes away from the end of 2019, I will give another 24 hours to coincide with New Year in the USA and Canada so, one more day and that will be all, thanks.

Happy New Year.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Red mallee root burl
No no no...! my good friend, you have 3 guesses in total to play with and not 6 even if some of them are correcting previous posts so I can not count your last 3 guesses to make it fair to everybody, you obviously want the prize but you have to play by the rules...! 😉

Sorry.

Happy New Year

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Since I have one guess remaining, I'll try:

Australian #21 Majestic Olive wood "Pretty" - PEN blanks - packs of 4 blanks

robutacion

Hi Friends,

The words I was looking for were Olive "Pretty", there is only one wood species of mine with that name and in fact, these packs have been my best seller most years with the #18 in its various variants being a close second.

There were some close calls but unfortunately, they didn't mention the "Pretty" within the 3 guesses/posts everybody has (sorry Wayne) so, the prize goes to alankulwicki7 on post #32, congrats Doug, it has been a while. 😉 👍

Thank you so much to everyone that took some of their time to play this game, most appreciated.

I just realised that I open this game "last year"...!:oops:🤭;)

Thank you,
Cheers
George

Top Bottom