Mr. Anonymous Game #70 @ 26/11/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

Despite the fact that I try to be very informative and share the knowledge I acquired over the years wood and woodworking/turning related, I also like to test the "waters" to see if you guys take attention or remember to what I say/share so, I would like to make a simple test that unfortunately is not very appropriate to the very new members as they have not been around long enough to know what I'm talking about, however, there is no reason for them not to have a "shot" (actually a max. of 3 guesses, one per post) of this and have a blind punt and who knows, they may get lucky and win the AU$100.00 prize so, here it goes;

From my "Timber List" there is 1 type/species of wood that I have mentioned a few times to be a great/economical replacement to the black Ebony that many folks use to turn finials, I have indeed illustrated how dense but easy to turn wood this is and how thin you can go with it, I have also shown an easy way to make this wood colour black to look like Ebony when finished.

Question;

What wood species am I referring to...?
(name or number will the OK)

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

PS: You are allowed 3 guesses but each guess on a separate post

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Gersh

Well darn #81 it is. It was a very interesting post to read through today as it was originally posted before I knew about the site.

Who would have guessed a marker

robutacion

Wow, you guys are good, I knew that some of you would have some clue to what I was after but this was a fast game, first poster bull-eye.

For those that would like to read that thread here it is, https://www.penturners.org/threads/black-ebony-good-replacement.122281/

Congrats Don (djrljr), you won the AU$100 voucher, well done, mate.

I'm very sorry if this game was not much of a challenge, I was not expecting members minds to be so sharp but anyway, maybe next time I will think of something more challenging...!

To the second and last participant of this game, thank you for playing, I believe you learn something by reading that thread, huh...?

Winner will receive a PM with the voucher code and claim instructions.

Cheers
George

robutacion

ATTENTION:

G'day peoples,

Don djrljr on IAP and winner of this game (Mr A game #70) has informed me that he has far too many blanks and he would like to transfer the prize to another IAP member so if you would like a chance to win the AU$100.00 voucher the only thing you need to do is to post here saying "I'm in" or something of that nature.

After 48 hours from now, I will use a computer numbers generator to select a number, I will go for the post # you posted.

Only one post per member, please...!

Cheers
George

Gthoon

G'day peoples,

Despite the fact that I try to be very informative and share the knowledge I acquired over the years wood and woodworking/turning related, I also like to test the "waters" to see if you guys take attention
ATTENTION:

G'day peoples,

Don djrljr on IAP and winner of this game (Mr A game #70) has informed me that he has far too many blanks and he would like to transfer the prize to another IAP member so if you would like a chance to win the AU$100.00 voucher the only thing you need to do is to post here saying "I'm in" or something of that nature.

After 48 hours from now, I will use a computer numbers generator to select a number, I will go for the post # you posted.

Cheers
George

or remember to what I say/share so, I would like to make a simple test that unfortunately is not very appropriate to the very new members as they have not been around long enough to know what I'm talking about, however, there is no reason for them not to have a "shot" (actually a max. of 3 guesses, one per post) of this and have a blind punt and who knows, they may get lucky and win the AU$100.00 prize so, here it goes;

From my "Timber List" there is 1 type/species of wood that I have mentioned a few times to be a great/economical replacement to the black Ebony that many folks use to turn finials, I have indeed illustrated how dense but easy to turn wood this is and how thin you can go with it, I have also shown an easy way to make this wood colour black to look like Ebony when finished.

Question;

What wood species am I referring to...?
(name or number will the OK)

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

PS: You are allowed 3 guesses but each guess on a separate post

Good luck...!

Cheers
George
ATTENTION:

G'day peoples,

Cheers
George
Hi George.
I'm in.
Thanks Rog šŸ˜Ž

Top Bottom