Mr. Anonymous Game #68 @ 03/10/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Let's see how good your eyes are...!

In the pic attached you see a box containing something so, the question is/are;

1)- What are they...?

2)- What wood are they...?

3)- If you believe they are for making pens, what type kit will they go with...?

4)- How many are there...?

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

My eyes are blurry , and I cannot see ... , but what I think I see is 53 sets of drilled bodies for salt and pepper shaker inserts , made from cross cut poplar . ( You maybe should have allowed for a bit more than a 6% failure rate though . )

KLJ

1. What are they ? predrilled pen blanks compared to the boards in the picture approximately 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter.
2. What wood ? #91
3. What kit ? The kit of your choice
4. How many ? 106

1080Wayne

Hit my head hard enough that it rang a bell . You have given up on making shoe heels and are now going into the new popular pastime of making rings (for fingers , not noses) . So , 106 tubes times 10 ring cores/tube = 1060 poplar rings . I think you will have trouble wearing more than 50 at a time , and to keep your fingers safe around the tools you use , please don`t wear any . Don`t forget the head protection to reduce ringing in your ears .

Best I can do for tonight George . I can wait a day or two to see the photo of all of the finished rings .

robutacion

Hit my head hard enough that it rang a bell . You have given up on making shoe heels and are now going into the new popular pastime of making rings (for fingers , not noses) . So , 106 tubes times 10 ring cores/tube = 1060 poplar rings . I think you will have trouble wearing more than 50 at a time , and to keep your fingers safe around the tools you use , please don`t wear any . Don`t forget the head protection to reduce ringing in your ears .

Best I can do for tonight George . I can wait a day or two to see the photo of all of the finished rings .
Well my friend, you may have to wait much longer to see any finished rings but I admit, I have had a few times were I was tempted to get some metal ring base and put some wood on them, they would be fun to do and there are some folks here that do them already so need for me to get involved.

Another option is, they could be for making fishing reels handles, I have some folks buying blanks from me for that exact purpose but these I can tell you are no rings nor will be cut and multiplied, they are going to be used full length by some people that can do with some help and the total of these things I've done are 300 pieces of 2 different types...!

I will wait 1 more day and then I will close the game so you better start putting some more guesses, you won't win it without being in it, huh...? ;)

Cheers
George

KLJ

1. Predrilled blanks that you prepared for the blind turners
2. Sugar gum tree number 91
3.Gatzby kit
4. 106 of them
Thanks for your kindness and generosity for putting on these games, I always look forward to them.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Add you blank info here :

robutacion

Add you blank info here :

Wayne,

I don't think any of the info on this game suits that "project", sorry...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

OK so, the winner is Mr. edicehouse on post # 7 congrats mate, you've got this one 100% correct.

I decided to get involved with preparing some pen blanks for the vision-impaired people and Olive wood was my obvious choice of wood, some of them have probably never turned this wood so aren't aware of its smell/aroma something that they will never forget after they turned one.

They were drilled and turned to 2 main sizes, the Slimline and Sierra, I hope that I left enough "meat" for them to play with but my objective was also to reduce the total weight of 300 Olive wood and Olive root shorts that according to my calculation would exceed 10kg while these 100 plus Sierras and the 200 plus Slimlines endup only weighing about 2.8kg and that was a big bonus for me. ;)

Anyway, these blanks were sent to our friend Mark James that will finish their prep but adding the glued tubes and trim the ends they will be then distributed to the various groups that need them.

I'm not sure if I should have used this subject for this #68 game, I realised that I was late for this/last month game so and while looking at some recent pics I though these Olive wood barrels would make a good subject for the game, if some people think that I shouldn't have, I apologise.

As for you Ed, you will get a message from me with the voucher code as the prize for this game...!

The participation of all of you is always most appreciated.

Cheers
George

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK so, the winner is Mr. edicehouse on post # 7 congrats mate, you've got this one 100% correct.

I decided to get involved with preparing some pen blanks for the vision-impaired people and Olive wood was my obvious choice of wood, some of them have probably never turned this wood so aren't aware of its smell/aroma something that they will never forget after they turned one.

They were drilled and turned to 2 main sizes, the Slimline and Sierra, I hope that I left enough "meat" for them to play with but my objective was also to reduce the total weight of 300 Olive wood and Olive root shorts that according to my calculation would exceed 10kg while these 100 plus Sierras and the 200 plus Slimlines endup only weighing about 2.8kg and that was a big bonus for me. ;)

Anyway, these blanks were sent to our friend Mark James that will finish their prep but adding the glued tubes and trim the ends they will be then distributed to the various groups that need them.

I'm not sure if I should have used this subject for this #68 game, I realised that I was late for this/last month game so and while looking at some recent pics I though these Olive wood barrels would make a good subject for the game, if some people think that I shouldn't have, I apologise.

As for you Ed, you will get a message from me with the voucher code as the prize for this game...!

The participation of all of you is always most appreciated.

Cheers
George

I did get a notice that they are "on the way."

On behalf of the programs, thank you Mate!

robutacion

Well , one last try George . It seems to me that you have made 35 sets of handle blanks for a knife , fork and spoon , and a spare spoon for your cat . Still think they are poplar .
Hahahaha Wayne, have you noticed that I have already awarded the winner...?

Could be, in the old days' some cutlery sets had wood handles made of different woods possibly Poplar, however, I can confirm these things in my pic are certainly very "Popular"...! ;)

Cheers
George

edicehouse

Hey Ed, where did you come up with those guesses from...?🤔

No more guesses, anyone...?

Cheers
George

So I looked at the blanks to the side, and they gave me somewhat of a ratio for the hole size (and it compared to a sierra), I took your picture and put it in paint, and counted and marked off as I went. The bottom left portion just looked like some olive wood I have turned from you in the past.

Thanks as always George. I guess every squirrel gets a nut once and a while. It was a bad weekend, so this really brightened my day!

robutacion

So I looked at the blanks to the side, and they gave me somewhat of a ratio for the hole size (and it compared to a sierra), I took your picture and put it in paint, and counted and marked off as I went. The bottom left portion just looked like some olive wood I have turned from you in the past.

Thanks as always George. I guess every squirrel gets a nut once and a while. It was a bad weekend, so this really brightened my day!
G'day ED,

I'm sorry to hear hat you had a bad weekend, I hope was nothing too important but in any case, I'm happy that the prize put a smile in your face, a great reward for me.

I'm ready when you are...!

Cheers
George

edicehouse

G'day ED,

I'm sorry to hear hat you had a bad weekend, I hope was nothing too important but in any case, I'm happy that the prize put a smile in your face, a great reward for me.

I'm ready when you are...!

Cheers
George

It will be a week or two. Thanks for the pick me up!

Top Bottom