Mr. Anonymous Game #66 @ 4/08/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day Folks,

I'm sorry for being a bit late with this game but I have been fighting a virus that got me good a couple of weeks ago, far from seeing the end of it but I feel a bit better today to work out what I wanted to put on this game.

So, I will continue with the topic of Wood Identification and hopefully, you guys and gals (I haven't had a gal participating for a long time...! šŸ˜”) will be able to identify it.

Question:

-Please name (or number) the wood species these turned samples shown, belongs too...!

I can give you a couple of hints, is not a native tree from OZ, produces a round(ish) yellow/orange "thing" and I found it in 2013.

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Oh boy, you guys are getting so close...!šŸ˜²

What else can I say..! humm.. OK so, it has very dark green leaves, most times those "things" grow in bunches, threes are normally/average small(ish), absolutely disgusting to eat if not absolutely ripe...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

And the winner is...?

Well, I had a feeling my last post has thrown you guys out of balance, did I...?:D

Normal of me but seriously, I have tried to use the word "fruit" on the "thing" that I keep mentioning even though I said that it could be eaten and in fact it can, I love them when I can get my hands on them and like I said, they taste very sawer when not ripe but very nice when they are particularly if they leave them in the tree until they start to dry a little, I'm talking about the Loquat fruit and its fruit that our friend KLJ correctly identified with number and all, congrats, you won this one...!šŸ‘

Loquat trees as I mentioned before are generally small (exceptions do apply), the one I managed to get certainly falls in that category as you can see in the pics attached and like most fruit trees, the greenwood shrinks and moves a lot while drying, many of the 1" square blanks I cut to dry didn't make it but in general terms the blanks that do make it do make beautiful pens...!

Thank you to all participants, I appreciate your efforts and willingness to play.

As always the winner will get a PM with is voucher code prize.

Once again, thank you.

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG