Mr. Anonymous Game #64 @ 1/06/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I little late on this/last month's game, sorry...!

I have no idea as I type this what this game will be about, I haven't stopped to think about it, I simply realised that I was behind on May's game so, I will pause for a few minutes, have a cup of coffee and think what question to ask...!o_O😲

OK, a few minutes have passed and I reckon I got something...!

Here it goes the question;

From my timbers list of 98 tree species, name 5 of the most scented woods I have.

I consider scent woods the ones that have a natural smell particularly when worked on but some of the scented woods have obvious smell even after being cut for some time. I have noted 6 of my most scented woods, I'm happy if you can name 5 (name or list number)

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wagner11

Olive wood
Macrocarpa tree wood

Eucalyptus Peninsularis (oil producer) wood

Camphor Laurel wood

Austrailian Cypress aged

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wagner11

I'll give my second guess and if that's not right I'll wait around and let some others guess.

Australian #2 Macrocarpa tree root wood

Australian #29 Lucerne old tree wood

Australian #36z Cootamundra Wattle tree wood

Australian #42st Camphor Laurel wood (local)

Australian #59ST Cypress-aged raw wood

Thanks for doing this George, I enjoy your games. Especially reading through your descriptions of your woods and the stories that go along with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

edicehouse

Eucalyptus Peninsularis (oil producer) wood
Camphor Laurel wood
Eucalyptus Dura
Norfolk Pine tree – X & Z
Beakpod Eucalyptus

Dehn0045

39 - Eucalyptus Peninsularis
59 - Cypress
21 - Olive Wood
29 - Lucerne
42 - Camphor Laurel

robutacion

Great stuff so far, some of the scented woods I have are not that obvious and unless you have turned some of it, you wouldn't know, however, we have Google and since it became available to everybody, there aren't many questions that you don't get an answer that way.

Remember that to win the game, you have to have 5 of the correct answers all in the same post...!

Cheers
George

Buckmark13

Third attempt Fourth guess (not valid) sorry.

Thanks, as always, for these George!

Last edited by a moderator:

robutacion

And the winner is...!

You guys were all around the scented woods, some more scented than others, however, I picked-up/select 6 of the ones I believe produces to strongest scent of all my woods and I wrote them down in a piece of paper like this;

1- #21 Olive wood

2- #29 Lucerne tree

3- #39 Eucalyptus Peninsularis

4- #42 Camphor Laurel

5- #59 Australian Cypress (old)

6- #34 Toona tree

If I read all posts correctly, only one post gave me all 5 answers I had requested and that was Mr. Dehn0045 on post #6 congratulations Sam, you got the prize...!

Even though I had a very small number of participants in this game, I appreciate all of those that had a go, thank you.

A PM will be sent to the winner with the winning voucher code for AU$100.00 value.

Until next time,
Cheers
George

Dehn0045

Thanks @robutacion !! I was convinced that I didn't have a winning combination, I was waiting for more hints to put in my other guesses. Great puzzle question this month. I think I'm too married to the CA finish, covering up some of the wonderful aromas. I might have to change things up a little with a raw finish. I'm looking forward to doing a little shopping too! :p.

robutacion

Congratulations Sam . Was a bit surprised that no one guessed amboyna . Suspect it was George`s recent dog experience that gave rise to the idea for this puzzle .
Hahahahah Wayne, maybe the reason nobody mentioned Amboyna is that I specified that woods to consider had to be from woods I have which means, woods from my timbers list.

While a great stabilised 2 tone Amboyna burl pen blank was one of Harley's first blanks flogged outside and chewed (missing about 1") I don't believe that his selection was based on the wood smell but whatever he could reach. :)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom