Mr. Anonymous Game #59 @ 22/12/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples...!

Last game for 2018, I hope you folks have enjoyed participating and have a go at the AU$100.00 gift voucher prize, monthly.:)

And for the last game of the year, I'm going to double the prize amount so will be AU$200.00 on the play here, someone will have an extra present for Christmas. :wink::)

So, what will be the question that deserves such a prize..? a multiple type question;

*1- On the attached pic what do you see, describe materials...?

*2- What dimensions you think they are..? (millimetres please)

*3- What is the correct colour name of the resin...?

*3- What is the most common name of these pods...?

*4- What will they be used for...? (Please take note, this is no doubt the most important questing of the game)

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$200.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

PS: I wish to you all, family and friends a safe and enjoyable Festive Season :biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Well George , the first thing I see is a stunning photograph which gives me ideas of things to make .

But if you want materials , I would say 2 banksia pods , stabilized in Cactus juice , cast in Alumilite with mica pigment and possibly a couple others , finished in CA . At least , that would be my first approach . Also see some black marker , a wooden frame , a sheet of HDPE and part of a green tool handle .

Dimensions : 50 mm diameter . 60 mm long

Colours are always fancifully named . Being simple minded , I would call it sky blue

Banksia pods

I keep my art semi-functional , so I would make them into S&P shakers .

Good night , George

KLJ

Hello George,
1.What do I see ? Part of a Hitachi drill ( green thing left corner) laying on a tan wooden table top. What looks like a dry eraser board ( white thing pods are on) it seems to be in a black frame with equal notches in it so it might be used for glue and clamping purposes?Two banskia pods that might have come from your own yard, were stabilized with Cactus Juice from USA before they were cast using Epoxicast resin made in Australia, then spray coated with diluted floor seal varnish for finish and color enhancement.

2.Dimensions: 100 mm tall by 45 mm across

3.Color: I would call it bright and beautiful blue but it looks to be the same as you used for the # 57 burl edge peppercorn blanks that are sold out

4. Banskia pods

5. Used for Christmas gifts for whoever wins this contest ?

Thank you for your generosity to us and hope you have a merry Christmas

robutacion

Well George , the first thing I see is a stunning photograph which gives me ideas of things to make .

But if you want materials , I would say 2 banksia pods , stabilized in Cactus juice , cast in Alumilite with mica pigment and possibly a couple others , finished in CA . At least , that would be my first approach . Also see some black marker , a wooden frame , a sheet of HDPE and part of a green tool handle .

Dimensions : 50 mm diameter . 60 mm long

Colours are always fancifully named . Being simple minded , I would call it sky blue

Banksia pods

I keep my art semi-functional , so I would make them into S&P shakers .

Good night , George

Wow, great answers..!

Firstly I have to stress the fact that, the question *1- On the attached pic what do you see, describe materials...? I'm referring to the items at the centre of the pic and on top of that whiteboard, I should have specified that sorry...!

The common name of those pods is what I ask, there are many types, I do work often with pods that I either grow or can collect locally such as Hairy Banksia, Dwarf Banksia and Banksia Speciosa but none of these is what I used on the pic.

I also need to remind all members that you have a max. of 3 guesses (in individual posts) :biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Hello George,
1.What do I see ? Part of a Hitachi drill ( green thing left corner) laying on a tan wooden table top. What looks like a dry eraser board ( white thing pods are on) it seems to be in a black frame with equal notches in it so it might be used for glue and clamping purposes?Two banskia pods that might have come from your own yard, were stabilized with Cactus Juice from USA before they were cast using Epoxicast resin made in Australia, then spray coated with diluted floor seal varnish for finish and color enhancement.

2.Dimensions: 100 mm tall by 45 mm across

3.Color: I would call it bright and beautiful blue but it looks to be the same as you used for the # 57 burl edge peppercorn blanks that are sold out

4. Banskia pods

5. Used for Christmas gifts for whoever wins this contest ?

Thank you for your generosity to us and hope you have a merry Christmas

What a materials description...!:eek: I never thought that you guys would be that "detailed", I should have worded it better/differently but what I'm interested in is what is on pic centre and on top of that white panel that, explains the black frame stuff you were talking about but if you need to know that white panel thingy is the front part of an old small digital PC monitor, have you ever pulled one apart..?

I can also see that you have been reading a fair bit on my work, materials and processes I use, that is great to see but not what I'm asking.

Remember, there are many varieties of pods I want to common name for these ones.

You are out on the measurements...!:redface:

These 2 blanks which are called "a pair" in the language they are intended for, they were requested to me as samples to be put/made into a specific use, that has already been finalised and reviewed/showcased and approved for future production, a fairly small one (41 pairs) that I have already made and sent away. There are multiple clues in this comment nevertheless, I understand how difficult it will be to decipher but I have also double the prize value based on that.

Each question answered correctly will be very important at the game end.

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Well , maybe I should change a few things .

Materials : 2 banksia pods (not saying what kind yet) , stabilized in Cactus juice , cast in Epoxicast containing cobalt stannate and a bit of mica , and sprayed with diluted floor seal varnish . Still has that black marker also .

Dimensions : 50 mm diameter , 60 mm long

Colour : Cerulean blue

Banksia pods

Candlesticks

KLJ

materials banskia pods I read where there is 173 species of banskia and all but one grow naturally in Australia and if it is not hairy, speciosa or dwarf we still have a lot to pick from

Dimensions 65 by 23

sky blue epoxicast

used for pistol grips

robutacion

1. Resifill Blank
2. 50mm diameter x 65mm ht
3. Sky Blue
4. She -Oak Pods
5. Salt & Pepper Shakers

G'day Karl,

Only one observation on question #4, the She-Oak pods are tiny, pretty much the same size as a cherry, I have already confirmed that those are Banksia pods but none of the ones I use normally on my stuff, I do however have to say that, the pods in question and 1 of the 170 odd or so known species, these are the only Banksia pods that have a commercial value and the only ones exported all over the world so its name(s) should now be easy to identify.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Well , maybe I should change a few things .

Materials : 2 banksia pods (not saying what kind yet) , stabilized in Cactus juice , cast in Epoxicast containing cobalt stannate and a bit of mica , and sprayed with diluted floor seal varnish . Still has that black marker also .

Dimensions : 50 mm diameter , 60 mm long

Colour : Cerulean blue

Banksia pods

Candlesticks

Hahaha, I like your's style...!

Let's see...! You still need to tell me the species name of the pods used, Epoxycast is no longer the Epoxy resin I use, there was no varnish used on these samples and the black marker doesn't mean much (it was where the pod was cut in 2, the one pod is long enough to make 2 or 3 of these things...!:biggrin:

The colour is not right and its purpose is surely not going to be candlesticks.

This is going to take a while, I can just see that...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

materials banskia pods I read where there is 173 species of banskia and all but one grow naturally in Australia and if it is not hairy, speciosa or dwarf we still have a lot to pick from

Dimensions 65 by 23

sky blue epoxicast

used for pistol grips

Read my response to Karl's last post you will learn something about all those Banksia pod species...!:wink:

Pistol grips, huh...??? so...how many pistols do you know that have grips sizes that would be suitable for the dimensions you say the samples are...? and why would they be round for that purpose...?

Cheers
George

Karl_99

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Bull Banksia Pods
5. Salt & Pepper Shakers

I misread your comment about the earlier banksia pod responses!

Karl_99

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Salt & Pepper Shakers

Final answer...have to leave to pick up family at Philly airport!!!

robutacion

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Salt & Pepper Shakers

Final answer...have to leave to pick up family at Philly airport!!!

Thanks Karl, I know you have done the best you could and you have done very well if I may say so, I knew my hint about the Banksias would put you and many other on the right track but that last question is what worth the money and you will be very surprised when you find out what the correct answer is.

Cheers
George

KLJ

Hello George thanks for the tip making bull or banskia grandis easy to find. I was not home and didn't get it in time to be first with the answer. Yes the pistol grips and size is embarrassing mistake, I only have one more attempt so going to be studying it out some more. Sure do enjoy these games.

1080Wayne

So for my final edition

Materials : 2 banksia pods , Cactus juice stabilized , epoxy cast with blue mica , CA finished

Dimensions : 50 mm diameter , 60 mm height

Pigment : Caster`s Choice brilliant blue

Bull banksia pods

And lastly , I have analyzed every pair of objects in my household , from ones kept in special pouches to ones used every day , S&P shakers , candlesticks , book ends , doors and door hinges , and have ultimately decided that the only way to keep me from worrying about this on Christmas day is to open and close this door by using them as door handles ! Wishing you and Merissa a very Merry Christmas George (and lots of door handle sales next year) .

robutacion

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Yo-Yo's

G'day mate,:)

You are close in the measurements but not quite right.

Question #5 still the big puzzle and I thought that I have had given it away when I mentioned "pairs" but so far, the assumptions are all incorrect...!:frown:

I found it also interesting that most people know what Banksia pods are but they only really seen 1 or maybe 2 types, the big ones and the small ones, however, they never knew the species names, most countries around the world sell these Grandis/Bull Banksia pods/nuts, they all come from Western Australia from where they are native to but some Banksia species do grow and do quite well in other parts of Australia such as those growing in South Australia and in my yard.:biggrin:

I will be closing this game tonight (my time) so everybody will have a heart attack or LOL when they find out what they were/will be used for...!:eek::biggrin:

I have the pics to prove it so is no "monkey business" here...!:wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pepper mills

Alan, great to see you having a go...!:)

Again, a bit off on one of the measurements but not by much. :confused:

Yes, pepper mills are normally made in pairs but that ain't what these "things" will be used for, in fact, I don't think you can find PP mills mechanisms that small.?

I understand why finding the correct #5 answer is to difficult but at the same time intriguing, I'm sure that is what most of you are thinking about it, what in the hell are they for...??:biggrin:

I really would like to give the whole AU$200.00 voucher value to the person that could do the "almost" impossible, however, most of you will also realise that the correct answer is not that difficult if some of my hints have been understood or deciphered, you will know what I mean when I say what they are for...!

Cheers
George

KLJ

Materials: two banskia pods,

Dimensions: 60 mm x 45mm

Pigment: Black Diamond deep blue sea

Bull of grandis

The only thing that I can think of that come in " pairs" are earrings. Thank you for giving us these fun games, I have learned a lot because of this one. We will probably think Oh I should have known that. Hope you have a good Christmas.

robutacion

Materials: two banskia pods,

Dimensions: 60 mm x 45mm

Pigment: Black Diamond deep blue sea

Bull of grandis

The only thing that I can think of that come in " pairs" are earrings. Thank you for giving us these fun games, I have learned a lot because of this one. We will probably think Oh I should have known that. Hope you have a good Christmas.

I appreciate your excitement but you have to remember the total number of guesses per game which is 3 but you have given me 4 guesses, no big deal but I just want you to know I like if fair to everybody.

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is/are...?

Ok so, as expected, no one got even close to the correct answer for question #5 this situation was expected reason I added the first 4 questions to give you guys some chances, nevertheless, I was prepared for someone to actually connect the dots of my hints and endup giving me the correct answer for question #5, I would be more than happy to have given the AU$200.00 voucher to someone that could give only that answer as the correct ones for the lot of 5 but, didn't happen so, I go to plan B and award those that I believe made the most effort in this game.

There are 3 members that have used all 3 guesses allowed and while other members had a couple of goes I can not award everybody so my decision is to divide the AU$200.00 by 3 vouchers and award them to, 1080Wayne, KLJ and Karl_99, congratulation guys, you've worked hard on this one.

Off-course, everybody is waiting to know what these blanks were used for, I understand that but before I reveal the mystery, I would like to thank all the members that took time from this busy time of the year to play the game so, thank you very much.

Without further ado, allow me to show you what the pods were put into

Bad Banksia Blue .jpg

and if you can't zoom the image too well or your eyes are a bit weak, yes, they were used for women shoe heels, by an Italian company well know on high-end women footwear, they will be part of their Summer catalogue.:biggrin:

The correct answers were;

*1- Resifills or cast pods
*2- 50mm diameter x 60mm tall
*3- Sky-Blue by Pearlex
*4- Grandis or Bull banksia pods/nuts
*5- Women shoe heels

Wasn't that difficult, wasn't it...???:wink::biggrin:

Merry Christmas everybody

Cheers
George

Last edited:

alankulwicki7

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pepper mills

Yes, pepper mills are normally made in pairs but that ain't what these "things" will be used for, in fact, I don't think you can find PP mills mechanisms that small.?

I understand why finding the correct #5 answer is to difficult but at the same time intriguing, I'm sure that is what most of you are thinking about it, what in the hell are they for...??:biggrin:

I really would like to give the whole AU$200.00 voucher value to the person that could do the "almost" impossible, however, most of you will also realise that the correct answer is not that difficult if some of my hints have been understood or deciphered, you will know what I mean when I say what they are for...!

Cheers
George

Hey George! Life gets in the way sometimes but I still check on the IAP once in a while .

Here's my second guess:
1. Resifill Blank
2. 55mm diameter x 65mm height
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pen cups

robutacion

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pepper mills

Cheers
George

Hey George! Life gets in the way sometimes but I still check on the IAP once in a while .

Here's my second guess:
1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pen cups

Oops, sorry Alan, the game was just close a few minutes ago, maybe next time

Cheers
George

alankulwicki7

1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pepper mills

Cheers
George

Here's my second guess:
1. Resifill Blank
3. Sky Blue
4. Grandis Banksia Pods
5. Pen cups

Oops, sorry Alan, the game was just close a few minutes ago, maybe next time

Cheers
George

Looks like I took too long to finish my reply . I'll be on the look out for game #60

ajollydds

Ok so, as expected, no one got even close to the correct answer for question #5 this situation was expected reason I added the first 4 questions to give you guys some chances, nevertheless, I was prepared for someone to actually connect the dots of my hints and endup giving me the correct answer for question #5, I would be more than happy to have given the AU$200.00 voucher to someone that could give only that answer as the correct ones for the lot of 5 but, didn't happen so, I go to plan B and award those that I believe made the most effort in this game.

There are 3 members that have used all 3 guesses allowed and while other members had a couple of goes I can not award everybody so my decision is to divide the AU$200.00 by 3 vouchers and award them to, 1080Wayne, KLJ and Karl_99, congratulation guys, you've worked hard on this one.

Off-course, everybody is waiting to know what these blanks were used for, I understand that but before I reveal the mystery, I would like to thank all the members that took time from this busy time of the year to play the game so, thank you very much.

Without further ado, allow me to show you what the pods were put into

View attachment 183031

and if you can't zoom the image too well or your eyes are a bit weak, yes, they were used for women shoe heels, by an Italian company well know on high-end women footwear, they will be part of their Summer catalogue.:biggrin:

The correct answers were;

*1- Resifills or cast pods

*2- 50mm diameter x 60mm tall

*3- Sky-Blue by Pearlex

*4- Grandis or Bull banksia pods/nuts

*5- Women shoe heels

Wasn't that difficult, wasn't it...???:wink::biggrin:

Merry Christmas everybody

Cheers

George

Very cool, George. You could've given me 300 guesses, I would not have come up with high heels.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2019!

Ankur

KLJ

Wow surprised but excited to have won, now the excitement of figuring out what to order.
I would have never guessed heels !! Thank you for your generosity and effort to put these games on for us I have only been able to be a part of the last two, and have enjoyed them and learned a lot while trying to figure this one out. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

1080Wayne

High heels !! That is definitely thinking outside of the shoe box . Never would have guessed , in spite of being in the process of disposing of multiple pairs of my wifes .

Congratulations on entering the world of high fashion George . Have they offered you an aisle side seat at the first public showing ?

Thank you and Mr Anonymous for the great pre-Christmas entertainment and also for the prize . Will decide after Christmas on what to order . Got to find some of those banksia pods too . Need to jazz up some door knobs .

Wishing you Merry Christmas and a stocking filled with heel orders for the New Year .

robutacion

High heels !! That is definitely thinking outside of the shoe box . Never would have guessed , in spite of being in the process of disposing of multiple pairs of my wifes .

Congratulations on entering the world of high fashion George . Have they offered you an aisle side seat at the first public showing ?

Thank you and Mr Anonymous for the great pre-Christmas entertainment and also for the prize . Will decide after Christmas on what to order . Got to find some of those banksia pods too . Need to jazz up some door knobs .

Wishing you Merry Christmas and a stocking filled with heel orders for the New Year .

Hi Wayne,

Mate, I'm only the little guy that made the samples for their idea and the one that made a small batch of 41 pairs (3 colour to match each leather) for their catalogue after they saw it can be done, as usual, I'm not expecting any recognition and if this project is anything like many other projects where I have been involved with in making samples to never hearing from them again, the chances are, after the concept has been proven, production will go to where will be cheaper to make/produce so, I expect nothing but I am obviously pleased that I made it possible for them, I got paid for making the samples and that is pretty much it, very rarely it comes back to me for production as it did recently with the knife handles, my first decent order since middle 2015.

You should have no trouble in finding some of these Grandis Banksia pods in the USA, they are exported to your country in large numbers.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom