Mr. Anonymous Game #55 @ 31/08/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

I wasn't going to participate, but may as well give it a shot.

If allowed only one guess it is:
Melaleuca

If allowed 3 guesses, my two additional are:
Black wattle
Spotted Gum

If only allowed one guess, I recommend a couple of folks who haven't played use my 2nd and 3rd answers.

I hate win another from George, but love the challenge. In fact, someone may want to repeat my first answer in the event I decline the prize and George allows the second similar guess to have it.

You will certainly enjoy winning his blanks, I know I have added several to my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

robutacion

I wasn't going to participate, but may as well give it a shot.

If allowed only one guess it is:
Melaleuca

If allowed 3 guesses, my two additional are:
Black wattle
Spotted Gum

If only allowed one guess, I recommend a couple of folks who haven't played use my 2nd and 3rd answers.

I hate win another from George, but love the challenge. In fact, someone may want to repeat my first answer in the event I decline the prize and George allows the second similar guess to have it.

You will certainly enjoy winning his blanks, I know I have added several to my collection.

I appreciate your super confidence mate but let me correct a few things, yes you are allowed 3 guesses but they only count if given one at the time/separate posts so in this case only the Melaleuca will be considered, sorry.

Sure, members can and should repeat guesses made by others if they think they're correct, doesn't happen often but sometimes I give double and even triple prizes so, it worth always trying.

As for your kindness in recommending others to repeat your guesses, is nothing wrong with that, HOWEVER, none of those 3 wood species is correct, sorry...! :frown:

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...?

Someone finally got it right, I'm pleased to announce the winner and that is More4dan (Danny), on post #41, congratulations mate, #20 Wild Olive as indeed the correct answer.

I have mentioned this wood a few times before as one tough timber, even though you don't get any large trunks (6" max) some of them have a tiny small amount of heartwood at its centre (about 1" or so) or none at all, the thinner trunks are ideal to make walking sticks, I will trust it more than bamboo for that purpose.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that I have actually talked about this kitchen tool soon after I had made it, years ago, I don't think that I've made a thread about it but I have mentioned it "somewhere":confused:

Anyway, I had fun watching the guesses coming in and how puzzled some of you were about the question, I hope you all had some fun also, that is one of the goals of these games.

Winner will get a PM with the voucher code and instructions very soon, as for the rest of you, I appreciate your willingness to participate and be part of these games, thank you...!:)

Cheers
George

MRDucks2

Good job, Danny. Olive was in my final list of 5 but you had already listed that one as I reading on different woods.

You will enjoy, the product you will get is well worth the shipping. And if you go over a little, it is easy to pay George for the difference and get all you want.

George, Is it ok to suggest more than one at a time? If so how about is it one of these? #43-Z & #43-st white ironwood, #73-sa ironwood crotch, or #91-st White Ivory. Went to you site and looked over you woods looking for lighter colored dense woods. one of these look like they might be to one.

robutacion

George, Is it ok to suggest more than one at a time? If so how about is it one of these? #43-Z & #43-st white ironwood, #73-sa ironwood crotch, or #91-st White Ivory. Went to you site and looked over you woods looking for lighter colored dense woods. one of these look like they might be to one.

Hi Tony,

You're too late mate, the game is over the winner announced.

As for multiple guesses, everybody has 3 only guesses to make but, they all have to be done separately there is, 1 guess per post, those are the rules, sorry.

Is always next time...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

More4dan

I just checked out George's site for the first time. Amazing variety and very educational. He has wood types you'll be hard pressed to find in the usual places. The prices are also very reasonable though shipping can offset this some. You Turners down under sure got it good.

Thanks George for the competition, generous prizes, and an introduction to your amazing products.

Danny

robutacion

I just checked out George's site for the first time. Amazing variety and very educational. He has wood types you'll be hard pressed to find in the usual places. The prices are also very reasonable though shipping can offset this some. You Turners down under sure got it good.

Thanks, George for the competition, generous prizes, and an introduction to your amazing products.

Danny

Thanks, Danny for the "heads-up" most appreciated...!

Yes, shipping can throw things a little off, the reason I keep the prices as low as possible, my international shipping charges are about 37% less than what the general public would pay at the Post Office so a combination of these 2 facts still makes it attractive, for sure...!:biggrin:

Let's wait for a little and see what you will do with some of the blanks you selected.

Cheers
George

robutacion

My shipment showed up yesterday, that was quick! The wood is amazing! Y'all should checkout George's website. It's full of treasures!

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Thank you for letting me know the parcel's arrival...!

Yes, there is plenty to pick from already but I will be adding a dozen or so more listings that I have been working on these last few weeks. There are no new woods on my list but, there are a few species that I realised were never listed on this web-store, most I had listed when I had the eBay store but that was some time ago.

Some listings will have also some changes such as instead of showing how the packs look like and you pick the quantity you want, some of those listings will have now the packs numbered so you select the pack you want, this is already the case with most of my listings but I'm trying to show/list the packs individually from each wood species, there may be a few exceptions but in a near future you will be able to select the exact pack(s) you want/like from all listings.

Have fun with the blanks.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom