Mr. Anonymous Game #55 @ 31/08/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

Game time, I was unable to do any major work on the Internet these last few days because I lost my ADSL connection my only tool to check emails IAP was with my small tablet that frankly I just can't see much without some strong glasses, very annoying but better than nothing.

I got the internet back on this morning so, I had to think of something for the question, could be one of dozen of possibilities but all of a certain Merissa called me to the kitchen because she needed to cut a pumpkin but the skin was too hard to get through so, I grabbed the ideal tool and the one I have turned many years ago for this type of purposes/needs, I call it "the donga", it really does a great job in the kitchen...!

game55-1.jpggame55-2.jpggame55-3.jpg

So the question is;

Which of my woods, I make this "tool" from/with..? (species number or name are OK...!)

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Well, some fair guesses so far but none is correct, I may give you a clue (or two) with this question If you consider this kitchen "tool" (it can be also a weapon in the hands of a p!$$ed off wife/girlfriend) as something to "hit" other things, what sort of wood would you go after..?:rolleyes:

Cheers
George

Noot17

White Ironwood

(I would personally go for Ash since that's what baseball bats are made from, but I already guessed wrong on that one!)

Buckmark13

#14. She / Bull Oak

Wood of these "dead" trees
Short life expectancy
Very hard, heavy timber

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

robutacion

66- Australian Swamp Mallet Gum tree – – X & Z

Well, I knew that throwing a fishing hook with some nice bite I would catch big fish and look who I just got...? Mr ed is person...!:biggrin:

The word "hit something" may be synonymous with a hammer or in the wood world a mallet, my Swamp Mallet wood could be it but, it is not so sorry Ed, you missed that shot...!:wink:

PS: No correct answers so far...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

It has been a while since I come up with a game question/subject that doesn't get answered correctly almost immediately, that did surprise me considerably in a few of the cases, I can never be sure how quickly someone gives the correct answer so, I'm pleased that this game is lasting a little longer and make some of you scratch your heads with the guesses given so far but all being incorrect.:)

It is also a custom that I like to give clues or hints to facilitate the whole process, however, most of you already know that I also like to put "traps" amongst those clues/hints to put you in a totally wrong direction, all done in the name of fun and friendship, off-course..!:biggrin:

With that said, let me give you a hint, so the wood used is heavy, strong and very dense, lightly coloured there are no visible signs of any darker colourations or any particular grain formation so, is it heartwood or sapwood..? what can it be...?:wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Eucalyptus Dura

G'day Sam,

What a great suggestion you made, it would certainly be a very suitable wood for such a tool but unfortunately is not it, In fact, I didn't have the Dura species when I made this tool...!

Liquid Amber, on the other hand, is far too soft of a wood for something of this nature.

No guesses from anyone are correct, sorry.

Cheers
George

edicehouse

robutacion

Radiata pine. Going back to your thread a while back about crab mallets.

Good guess mate but ain't it, in fact, if you read that thread properly you will discover that the only thing made of Radiata Pine were the bases and or should I say the platters and maybe the hammer handles, I can't recall correctly the rest were made with other harder woods but none of them is what I used in this kitchen tool, sorry.

Cheers
George

robutacion

I can't believe no one has guessed it correctly yet, reminds me of the old days where I would always come up with subjects that would take some time and effort from the IAP members to get it...!:wink::biggrin:

OK so, what else can I say, hint about the wood I used..? let me see...!:rolleyes: very resilient tree to kill and in some cases, it becomes a pest.:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom