Mr. Anonymous Game #26 @ 19/07/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day folks,

I was looking at some old pics when I come across a series of pics I took years ago when my wife and I, we got a big bunch of tree trunks that I have been cut and piled into a big pile to be burnt at an appropriate time.

I recall well this event that got us busy for a few days, cutting and loading the trailer with "fairly" manageable size logs, surrounded by liquified cow manure avalanche that was moving rather too fast towards to where the wood/tree trunks were.

That didn't endup being our/my biggest problem, despite the fact that we found ourselves a couple of times, with our feet/boots well sinked into cow $#!T. The event that could have caused me a much worse result was when, and due to the slipest nature of these particular tree bark when wet (rain or due) dues was the cause in this event.

I was well hight on top of the huge trunks pile, with a chainsaw in my hands running while cutting small sections of these 2'+ round trunks when, I slipped in between trunks and got one left stuck in one of the many gaps between the trunks, while I felt backwards, towards where my wife Merissa was standing (on solid ground) waiting for me to roll the logs down and have her to roll them, into a small gap that we had still clean from the cow $#!T that, and as I mentioned previously, was growing daily and covering any available ground, near that spot that was the lowest spot near the cows shed.

I fell backwards pretty badly, with the chainsaw running in my right hand while it swang passed my head, as I was falling back. Poor Merissa, she panicked and froze for a few seconds while I was looking at her sort of up-side-down, my foot was jammed between 2 trunks and I has literally hanging by one leg, staring at the blue sky.

I never saw stars, even though, my Husqvarna helmet went flying almost hitting Merissa. What an awkward position that was and how painful it became in no time at all, I thought that I had broke my spine again, I was numb...!

Anyway, I asked Merissa to climb closer to me and take the chainsaw out of my hand and turn if off, that was my first priority and in no time, I was upwards again and trying to unstuck my foot/boot from a gap that seemed impossible to have allowed my boot to fit in but it did however, getting it out, was another story altogether.

It all endup well, and I was walking again and back into the job, after I had time to reflect into what had just happened and what could have happened to either me or Merissa, if we were having a bad day, sure, it wasn't one of best days either but, I got out of it, amazingly well, considering.

Now, the pics I saw, were not from the wood pile and that location, but from a day or so after, when I was slicing some of the logs, and make round bowl blanks to be put to dry, the thoughts and images of what happened before I got to that day, were as vivid as they were the day it happened, all these years ago, and if I recall correctly, this happened before I join to IAP, I remember well to have wrote a story about it, in the forum I was in at the time, the WW Australia so, and unless you have read some of my work prior me joining IAP, this would be possibly, the first time you have heard of it.

In either case, was what I saw in those pics that, made me consider making one of my IAP games and share those pics with all of you.

There are a few pics but for now, I will be focussing on a couple that show wood shavings from the chainsaw that, looked like snow white, I believe the whitest wood shavings I ever saw and therefore, I would like you to tell me, what wood name they come from or, the tree species name that were in that big pile that almost killed me...???

The conditions and prize are the same as per previous games...!

Best of luck.:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Timbers preparation 134_(1).jpg
    Timbers preparation 134_(1).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Timbers preparation 138.jpg
    Timbers preparation 138.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Crazy story George!

Was it

White cypress?

You didn't say if it was on your timbers list.

Crazy...??? not at all, is was one of my "mildest" ones, I have so many that I don't know any more what to call them...!:frown:

If fact, searching back to the date on those pics, they were taken in May 2008, about 1 year before I joined IAP (June 2009), I have all the original pics taken from that location from before and after my fall, I will have a look and see if I can find the thread I'm talking about on that Aussie Forum, if is still there, I will provide a link to it, after the winner is announced, off-course, and if is not, I share all the pics I took, including some where the cow $#!T is covering the ground as a vulcano larvae/larva/lava...!:wink:

So, you say that, I didn't say if it was on my timbers list or not, really...??? so, what did I use it for, in the beginning, and what does that say to you...???

Cheers
George

robutacion

I see you are using your accelerated calendar again , George . Time moving too slowly ???

OOps...! All days look the same to me and "time" it flies so fast I lost track, I never seem to know what day of the week it is and, checking my watch date with the computer glasses, is a bad idea, sort of a little blurry so, what I thought was a 2 was an 1 so, so, so what...???:rolleyes::biggrin:

Oh, Oh..., remember I said that the trees bark was very slippery...?? I remembered the due in the morning but, I forgot of the main culprit of the slippery slope, and that was this,

Timbers preparation 130_(1).jpg Timbers preparation 132.jpg

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

I see you are using your accelerated calendar again , George . Time moving too slowly ???

OOps...! All days look the same to me and "time" it flies so fast I lost track, I never seem to know what day of the week it is and, checking my watch date with the computer glasses, is a bad idea, sort of a little blurry so, what I thought was a 2 was an 1 so, so, so what...???:rolleyes::biggrin:

Oh, Oh..., remember I said that the trees bark was very slippery...?? I remembered the due in the morning but, I forgot of the main culprit of the slippery slope, and that was this,

View attachment 135975 View attachment 135976

Cheers
George

So we can re-write the old English saying `A rolling stone gathers no moss` to `A mossy log rolls away Georges` .

robutacion

Yep, it's poplar.

It's the whitest wood I've seen!

Humm...! where in the heck did you get that pic from...??? Have you been on the Aussie forum, already...???:eek::biggrin:

As for the colour of those bowl blanks, it seemed to have worked, I have still, dozens of those "white" bowl blanks stored and no cracks...!

The fresh cut wood was actually very white, the OP pics don't lie, the chainsaw shavings on some logs were ridiculously white, reason why I took those pics, in the first place...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Humm...! where in the heck did you get that pic from...??? Have you been on the Aussie forum, already...???:eek::biggrin:

C'mon George ... you know me. :wink::search:

I bet Edgar got there also. :good:

Do I...??? you are too smart for your pants, huh...?:wink::biggrin:

You know, I didn't think that thread here or any of my work on that forum, was still alive, many of my threads were removed, I know and I had confirmation by the person who did it so, I would have though the rest was gone for ever so, I'm glad that, once more I can validate my claims all these years later and, been able to share that thread with everyone interested.

I just read that full thread and, it got me right to that time and those days, my memory is failing on some details that, are getting mixed up with other events, for example, I though that, when I fall, I kept the chainsaw in my hand still running and, if I hadn't read what I wrote then, I would swear that, never let go of the chainsaw but, reading my own description of events from that time, I realised that, I was in fact incorrect about the chainsaw, I have had other falls where I never let go of the chainsaw but that day, the chainsaw went flying and got broken, that, is even more scarier than keeping it in my hand, my wife wasn't that far away from me and, she could have been hit badly so, I was kinda of lucky.

I have totally forgotten about some of the other posts I had in that thread, particularly the post #24 where, I have made fairly accurate "predictions" to what I knew was coming, in relation to my tree work future, this was 2008 and my last tree work was done in late 2013.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...???

No point in carry on with it, after my last post so,

Congratulations 1080Wayne, you done it again...!:wink::biggrin:

I still not know why they call in "Black Poplar", is anything but black, huh..???:biggrin:

So, the winner will get some Poplar blanks from my stables, some have been tweaked slightly so, don't be too surprised...! There will be some Palm tree stabilized red and blue blanks also that, I'm just getting from some Palm root I stabilized for some e-cig blanks I'm making to Turkey :eek: yes, how in the heck do this people "find me"...??:)

Anyway Wayne, you know what to do, right...???:biggrin::beer:

As for all the other participants, I'm very sorry for making this game a single only winner, I also apologise for my events storytelling chainsaw issue mistake.

There many more games coming so, bare with me...!

PS: For those that want to see more pics of this true story, I suggest you have a look at the link I have provided above.

Thank you,
Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Once again , thank you George , and thank you Mr Anonymous .

I suppose its called black poplar because of the colour contrast with the bark of white poplar or aspen poplar . The wood certainly is whiter than my local aspen or balsam poplar .

I will look forward to the tweaked blanks and the red and blue palm .

I had cringed as I read your story , as a running chain saw is not something to either hang on to as you fall , or play catch with . I did enjoy the cow pie bit though .

Thanks again George . Will play again in a month (or maybe sooner.) Paypal sent .

1080Wayne

Package received today George . Thanks very much to you and Mr Anonymous ! Don`t know what species your #10 poplar is , but it sure looks different than mine , and a lot different than your chainsaw cuttings picture . Will take a run at the stabilized palm tomorrow . Don`t think it can be any worse than the non-stabilized X-ct black palm I did a couple years ago .

robutacion

Package received today George . Thanks very much to you and Mr Anonymous ! Don`t know what species your #10 poplar is , but it sure looks different than mine , and a lot different than your chainsaw cuttings picture . Will take a run at the stabilized palm tomorrow . Don`t think it can be any worse than the non-stabilized X-ct black palm I did a couple years ago .

Thanks for letting me know of the parcel arrival...!

The white chainsaw shavings were from the same Poplar logs, the blanks you received come from, the only difference is that, the shavings were from a green and wet log, while the blanks you received are dry and aged wood, most woods darken in contact to air, Poplar is no different...!

Palm material is very fibrous and will never stabilized solid hard as some softer woods however, it makes a big difference between raw Palm and these stabilized blanks, even if the stabilization didn't penetrate 100% so, have a try and let us know how you did...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom