Mr. Anonymous Game #13 @ 17/12/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I understand that, you were getting frustrated for not seeing me award the prize to you, as you knew that you had the correct answer, I understood that but, I was giving some extra time and see if someone else would also give the correct answer as I was willing to award 2 people but, that didn't happen and I thought was time to get it closed.

Nah, not frustrated. I was pretty sure I had the correct answer but if I didn't and someone else used part of my answer to get the correct answer, that was fine with me. I put in my best guess and was fine just waiting to see if it was good enough. It's all just fun anyway and I would love for others to receive some of your fine blanks also.

Thanks George for the fun!

My sentiments exactly, Kelly. I was really disappointed to see how few people participated in this particular contest. I know it's a hectic time of year and that might have been a factor, but George has some awesome blanks & these contests are a lot of fun and always educational as well, so I hope we can get more participation in the next one.

I was also hoping that someone would step up and duplicate your guess just in case George might award a second set as he sometimes does, but no one ever did. That is one of the nuanced aspects of George's contests that might not occur to everyone unless they follow these contests regularly. :wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

My sentiments exactly, Kelly. I was really disappointed to see how few people participated in this particular contest. I know it's a hectic time of year and that might have been a factor, but George has some awesome blanks & these contests are a lot of fun and always educational as well, so I hope we can get more participation in the next one.

I was also hoping that someone would step up and duplicate your guess just in case George might award a second set as he sometimes does, but no one ever did. That is one of the nuanced aspects of George's contests that might not occur to everyone unless they follow these contests regularly. :wink:

Educational ... YES! I knew the She/Bull Oak right away only because of George's contests and class sessions from his lollyshop.

His blanks have BY FAR been the most popular with those who have seen them. I did a little show at work and the pen that almost 100% of the people first picked up was the blue-dyed amboyna burl.

I too wish others would clue in on these contests .... but just for the next 30 days until I am legal again! :biggrin:

stonepecker

I would play but with this type of contest I would be shooting in the dark.
So I choose not to play........but that doesn't mean I am not getting an education.

Love the games

Russknan

Well, since there have been a number of comments about the bassoon, for those unfamiliar with this instrument, I'm here to help you. That's what I do. I'm a helper. I help. The definition is not original to me, but here it is: "A bassoon is a bedpost that farts."
You're welcome!
Russ

robutacion

I would play but with this type of contest I would be shooting in the dark.
So I choose not to play........but that doesn't mean I am not getting an education.

Love the games

Well, I don't think that is a need for you to think like that, after all, even if you are not very familiar with my woods names, you have a "timbers list" available to you in many places, one of which is the new private web-store with a page dedicated to that timbers list only.

From there, you or anyone can do a quick search of any name, wood base colours and find something that can look similar to what the question in about (if the question is about identifying some woods, mine or not).

Then, you have the listing of the blanks on sale on that same web-store, you can simple browse through and look for something identical, these are the simple steps you can take to be able to participate and have really a chance to win, this is infact how everyone else learn to identify my woods.

There is a learning curve and achievement with all this, not only you become aware of the wood species that I have all around me and many others that I bring in to satisfy everyone, including myself...!

As you see, is not that difficult to participate, you can give the most "silly" answer and no one will bite you, we although, have a good laugh about it, after all, you wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last, is all good fun, amongst friends...!:wink::biggrin:

See you in the next game and, good luck...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

Well, since there have been a number of comments about the bassoon, for those unfamiliar with this instrument, I'm here to help you. That's what I do. I'm a helper. I help. The definition is not original to me, but here it is: "A bassoon is a bedpost that farts."
You're welcome!
Russ

Hahahahah Russ, are you sure...???:biggrin:

I do that and I don't look nothing like a bassoon, or a bedpost...!:eek::eek::wink::biggrin:

Merry Christmas...!

Cheers
George

Krash

Hey George .... Happy New Year to you!

I received the prize pack this morning. Wow .... you definitely outdid even yourself with this sweet selection of blanks. I can't wait to see them turned!

Thanks soooo much to you and Mr. Anonymous for you generousity!

robutacion

I received the prize pack this morning. Wow .... you definitely outdid even yourself with this sweet selection of blanks. I can't wait to see them turned!

You're welcome, my friend, Happy New Year to you to...!:wink:

I knew that you would like my selection, a mix of a winning price and a Christmas present...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Krash

You're welcome, my friend, Happy New Year to you to...!:wink:

I knew that you would like my selection, a mix of a winning price and a Christmas present...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Well, lucky me!

Top Bottom