Mr. Anonymous Game #11 @ 9/11/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Ha ha ha Ed! :biggrin:

Way to go with your sassafras guess. It finally paid off! :)

Yippee!
Thanks George & Mr. A

Your first post made me think that it was probably not one of your regular blanks, so I thought "possibly sassafras!"

I won a couple of eBay auctions for some TBHS a few months ago & these look very much like the ones I have, but the colors in your blanks are much nicer. The ones I got on eBay are just black & beige.

We are at the farm this weekend, so I will send payment on Tuesday when I return.

Hi Kelly,

You never guessed this time, didn't you...???

Yes, it was only a matter of time before I would trick him..! I wonder, if I had any "help" from someone else on the idea...???:rolleyes::)

Sometimes, I like to be unpredictable, particularly when someone thinks that has me all worked out...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

George... well the only one I threw out was the rosewood. LOL.. the others I actually went to your site and compared to your two tone blanks.. was sure I had the answer then. Thought about it all day and decided to try another way and did a search on Google for two tone wood and found the teak and it really looked close. I looked at probably 20 pictures of various teak and convinced myself. :)

As I said, it is still fun, and I have learned a lot, and what is better than that? Fun learning, quite a concept.

Thank you! :)

Mitch,

Good to know mate, it makes you look better when you give the impression that you have done your work home however, WE ALL need to be silly, every so often, a little fun doesn't hurt anyone and you are in good hands, here...!

Cheers
George

Krash

Ha ha ha Ed! :biggrin:

Way to go with your sassafras guess. It finally paid off! :)

Yippee!
Thanks George & Mr. A

Your first post made me think that it was probably not one of your regular blanks, so I thought "possibly sassafras!"

I won a couple of eBay auctions for some TBHS a few months ago & these look very much like the ones I have, but the colors in your blanks are much nicer. The ones I got on eBay are just black & beige.

We are at the farm this weekend, so I will send payment on Tuesday when I return.

Hi Kelly,

You never guessed this time, didn't you...???

Yes, it was only a matter of time before I would trick him..! I wonder, if I had any "help" from someone else on the idea...???:rolleyes::)

Sometimes, I like to be unpredictable, particularly when someone thinks that has me all worked out...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Help by any other name .... like assistance, service, support, guidance .. comes from many places and people. Who knows where your help comes from? :biggrin:

I was out busy and got to the game late. But I did go out looking about and hadn't found anything that resembled your pix.
Then I looked thru all the guesses and started wondering if Ed's Compulsive Repetition Disorder of "sassafrass ... sassafrass ... sassafrass ..." might actually be correct. I am sooo glad that we won't have to put up with the mindless repetition any more, although now he is threatening to come up with another wood that he likes to say. Baobab or Boojum are kinda fun to say, right Ed? :wink:

Fun, fun, fun ....

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hmmmmm - looks like I might owe Kelly a thank you for this one too :question::question:

As far as a stock guess going forward, I thought the Gympie Gympie tree might be a candidate, but after reading about it, I think I'll look for something a little less threatening to George's health. :)

Krash

Hmmmmm - looks like I might owe Kelly a thank you for this one too :question::question:

As far as a stock guess going forward, I thought the Gympie Gympie tree might be a candidate, but after reading about it, I think I'll look for something a little less threatening to George's health. :)

I was kinda hopin' you wouldn't forget to answer "s@ss#%*%ss" and mess up the whole ruse. But, you did come through! :wink:

robutacion

Well mate, I appreciate your consideration but, you are a bit too late, already...!

My FIRST experience with this stuff, (the small bushes type) was when I was 12 years old, when one day, I was chasing birds with my handmade sling shot (pockets always full of rocks) and I got cramps in my gut and I had to go to the bush toilet. I had paper tissues in my pocket, that wasn't the problem, the problem was that the area was full of this stuff, about 1' tall or just a little higher, and off-course I stumped on the area before I got into position.

Some how, there was one bush that was a little stronger and when I stumped on it, I endup with one of my feet holding it down, little did I know that, this thing was capable to spring back and unfortunately, in the process of alleviating my needs, I moved that foot just so slightly and off-course, that thing sprung back with vengeance in all my bum and family jowls, at that time just "forming".:eek::mad:

Unnecessary would be to say, what happened next, and for over 2 hours, I was on fire, literally and it does hurt like hell. This may explain why I never forgot it nor, ever will...!

I wish someone had told me what these things do to you, I may have not made any difference as , when you have to go, you have to go, and the area had little spots free of this stuff but, I may have been a little more "selective" of the spot...!:frown:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ouch!
From what I've read about this thing, it makes our poison ivy seem like peppermint.

Top Bottom