MPG here I come!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

Just confirmed that we do not have a show that weekend so my registration will be incoming shortly. Looking forward to another great gathering.

JohnU

That's great to hear! And it gives you 6 chances to win that new lathe! It's always nice to get together and see everyone!

Here's a link for anyone who isn't familiar with the MPG.
Registration opened yesterday! Remember … the sooner you register the more lathe tickets you get !

See you all soon!

Jarod888

I'd like to register, but I'm not comfortable putting my info in a non secure website. The address does not have the "s" at the end, meaning info entered isn't encrypted.

If they would provide a secure website, I'd register, but as it is now, I don't think it is worth it.

mg_dreyer

I'd like to register, but I'm not comfortable putting my info in a non secure website. The address does not have the "s" at the end, meaning info entered isn't encrypted.

If they would provide a secure website, I'd register, but as it is now, I don't think it is worth it.
Patrick,

Just to let you know we do not collect any information other than your name and meal requests on the site. You are directed to PayPal which is secure for all your payment information. We just get a code back that you paid PayPal. This is a very common practice for sites that do not collect payments directly.

Hope this answers the question and assures you that the financial aspects are covered by PayPal.

The event is a blast. Hope to see you there.

rixstix

I'm with you, especially when SSL certificates are free nowdays. I will not visit a non-SSL site for that reason regardless of payment activity or not because personally identifiable info & email address is collected w/o an SSL.

Last edited:

JohnU

I'd like to register…. If they would provide a secure website, I'd register, but as it is now, I don't think it is worth it.

I'm with you…
Thanks for posting your concern. Like Mark posted above… That issue has been resolved and the certificate has been installed.

Many out there may not know but this event is organized and run by Woodturners who are members here at IAP. We donate our time to make it all happen. There was a "non for profit" organization formed - "Penturners International" which the event is run through, so the money gained during the event goes back into making future gatherings possible. We as organizers are not profiting by anyone's attendance and our mission is to further the education of Penmaking and woodturning. It has become a family event and is just as much about seeing each other and hanging out as it is attending demos and meeting our favorite vendors. The history of the MPG can be read here… https://midwestpenturnersgathering.com/GeneralWebSite/History.aspx

If anyone has any other concerns or questions, please feel free to reach out.

We hope to see you all there!

rixstix

@mg_dreyer , @JohnU

I apologize for the tone of my post and asked for it to be deleted since it was not in the spirit of the topic.

That being said, I have had personal information and email address disclosed in security breaches and continue to get flooded by phishing and junk mail as a result. One such breach was traced back to a popular pen site over 10 years ago and phishing/junk still arrive almost daily.

I am glad to see that security has been enhanced.
Again, I am sorry for the tone and content of my post.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
With due respect to events that came before it (notably the Yahoo Penturner's Gatherings), and the many events that exist today, the MPG is without a doubt the cornerstone in-person event in the penmaking world. For fun, I dredged up this thread that has before and after discussions of the first MPG. 45 attendees from 8 states! The event was in multiple locations in Illinois, then in Ohio for a few years before returning to Chicagoland. The current organizing team of Ed, Mark, and John do a fabulous job organizing and executing an event that you don't want to miss.

Top Bottom