MPG Donations!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

In gathering donations for door prizes and contest awards for Saturday April 12th, Ive sent emails to many supply companies, vendors and blank makers. I've gotten great responses and will be posting pictures as boxes arrive with a list of donations to recognize and thank all of those helping make this gathering a success! I'll start with what I have so far and will be adding to this thread as more come in, so check back soon.

Here's a look at what you could be taking home this year...

IAP 10th Anniversary Can Koozies to the first 200 people through the door

Radians Mirage Clear Safety Glasses to the first 58 people through the door

Wood Turningz - 3 $20 gift certs, 16 inlace acrylic blanks, 4 stabilized buckeye blanks

Beartoothwoods- 4 acrylic blanks, sierra kit & bushings, Virage FP & bushing
pensar BP & bushings, and Baron RB & bushings

Bell Forest Products - $50 gift certificate

Richard L Greenwald - $50 gift certificate

Satellite City Inc. - 2 Hotstuff Pro Kit CA Glue Sets

Chefwarekits - 4 wood pen blanks, Pizza cutter kit, Pepper mill kit, 2 cheese grater kits,
knife kit, bottle stopper kit with Marine emblem, 2 icecream scoop kits, and
bottle opener kit.

Attachments

• donations 1.jpg
    donations 1.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Here's the latest donations from this week! Eugene at Muttblanks.com donated two $30 Gift Certificates towards his website of awesome blanks and George at George's Bits of Timber donated 15 of his awesome Australian Banks! Thank You Eugene and George! The rest in the background are some assorted wood blank sets and kit & blank combo's I threw together. Check back next week for what comes in next!

Attachments

• donations 2.jpg
    donations 2.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 292

JohnU

Here's another reason why the IAP is so GREAT! The latest dontations for the MPG have arrived. These all came from some of our members... Jonathan Brooks dontated 20 of his well loved artistic castings! Eric "bangle guy" Goertz donated one of his custom stainless steel bangle cores and blank! Lyle Walden donated 6 of his beautiful custom made bloodwood cross and Bethlehem Olive wood blanks! and Marla Mills donated 14 of her beautifully arranged feather blanks and 4 of her Japanese Chiyogami paper blanks!
THANK YOU!!!!!

There's still more on the way so I will be posting more pictures soon!

Sure hope all of you guys can make the gathering. It would be ashame for me, Bob, Gerry, Ed and Rich to have to split all of this up between us. :)

Attachments

• donations 3.jpg
    donations 3.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 312

low_48

Uh, ixnay onationsday. I like your way of thinking about splitting them up!
Rich

Here's another reason why the IAP is so GREAT! The latest dontations for the MPG have arrived. These all came from some of our members... Jonathan Brooks dontated 20 of his well loved artistic castings! Eric "bangle guy" Goertz donated one of his custom stainless steel bangle cores and blank! Lyle Walden donated 6 of his beautiful custom made bloodwood cross and Bethlehem Olive wood blanks! and Marla Mills donated 14 of her beautifully arranged feather blanks and 4 of her Japanese Chiyogami paper blanks!
THANK YOU!!!!!

There's still more on the way so I will be posting more pictures soon!

Sure hope all of you guys can make the gathering. It would be ashame for me, Bob, Gerry, Ed and Rich to have to split all of this up between us. :)

thewishman

Thank you Jonathan and Lyle and Marla and Eric!

Jon, every time I look at corn syrup, I think of your demo. I just started casting and wish I could see your demo again.:)

JohnU

lol, from the list of lunch reservations, I'm guessing that wont be an issue.
But with everything received and what's still on the way, I'm guessing there will be plenty for everyone with extras! I just hope it all fits in the car!

Besides the door prizes, there are also pen contest prizes and a couple guessing games with prizes and the pen swap! Personally, I'm anxious to get some vendor items without having to see I was too late online, and just hang out with everyone. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all and hoping to meet up soon with those who couldn't make it this time.

Thanks again to all for donating all of the goodies in the above three picture posts (#1,#3,and #4) and check back soon for the rest!

Last edited:

JohnU

Ok folks! here's the latest picture of donated items for the Gathering! Starting it off is Smitty's Pen Works with an assortment 0f 15 Le Roi Royal pen kits , 3 sets of Le Roi Royal bushings and an assortment of 10 Le Roi pen kits. Thank You Smitty!

Next is CaptG. with a sierra Betty Boop watch part blank, a Zen and Vertex Roller ball carbon fiber set and one of his 2nd Amendment engraved bullet pens! Thank You Gary!

Next is PTownSubbie donating four sets of Tube On casting molds for Jr, slimline, Sierra, and Cigar! Thank you Fred!

Last, I threw in some feather, snakeskin, and money collage clear casts, along with some alumilite acorn cap, popuri and shredded money blanks.

This will be the last picture posted of donations, but there are still more arriving at the show from Jeff Powell and Exotic Blanks. Thank you Jeff and Ed and Dawn!

I took a quick count and I'm estimating about 150 prizes that all need good homes so if you show up there's a pretty good chance you will be leaving with a handfull, not to mention the fun, knowledge and experience of the MPG. Im looking forward to seeing you all and
thanks again to Rich, Ed, Dawn, Bob, Gerry, Jeff, our demonstrators, and all of the rest of you including our very generous contributors and friends here at the IAP for helping to make this happen!

See You There!
John

Attachments

• donations 4.jpg
    donations 4.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
M

muhlstadtb

Thanks for the great job of getting all those prizes. You really must have put a lot of work into this. Where else can a person go where everyone wins at least 3 door prizes.

Marilyn and I enjoyed your presentation and help. We had a great time.

Bob Muhlstadt

PS Jeff,
Thanks for the IAP hat--I was one of the winners.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyitfast

Maybe I'll make the trip up from TX!!! Looks like it would be worth it for lots of reasons. :biggrin:
You must be one slick talker to collect that much from so many vendors.
I'm glad you will thank the vendors. From experience, I've found that convincing the recipients to also write a thank you to the vendors really helps when you ask them again next year.....
Your effort will be greatlly appreciated.
gordon

JonL

I just wanted to say I got some great pen blank donations from Beyond Wood Works to put in with all the other donations for the MPG. They use Cactus Juice Resin to impregnate the woods then combine the wood with acrylic to make some really beautiful pen blanks. Please give Tom over at Beyond Wood Works for sending those blanks along! https://www.facebook.com/BeyondWoodProducts

Last edited:
Top Bottom