MPG 2019 - Turning For Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

As we get closer you will see more updates, but it is coming soon. Under 40 days.
We broke 200 attending at this point. We have 140 registered families. If you still plan to register, remember tee shirt sales end on April 1.

Check out all the news at:

Midwest Penturners Gathering 2019

Now some news:
We are pleased to announce that Friday night's social events will feature Turning For Troops.

Making pens for our troops is a long standing tradition among penturners. MPG 2019 will be no different - one of Friday night's activities (see the website for all of them) we will be turning pens for our troops. We will provide the blanks, the kits, the tools, the lathe. You simply provide the time. (You can bring your own tools if you like.)

Let's make as many as we can.

WANT TO START SOONER ?
Make one (or a few) now and donate them at the door and they will all be included with our donation.

You will be happy you helped out.

All blanks and kits are generously being donated by Exotic Blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Is IAP doing a turn for troops collection this year? A few years ago my blind turners turned more than 50 pens that we sent to IAP for their service pens project. But I don't know if we are still doing it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sharon, if your folks turn pens for troops, I assure you we will get them to the troops.

Dave Drickhamer in Milwaukee got over 1000 last year!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Chicago woodturning groups, through Don McClosky (sp?) donated about 600, I believe.

Turn for Troops is VERY popular in this area, most of the kits come from ExoticBlanks and Woodcraft--so I know who to call to get pens in the hands of the troops!!

Top Bottom