MPG 2014 Demo Schedule

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

One week from today we'll be setting up. It's getting close! Here's the demo schedule as of today. It might wiggle a little yet, but I think it's close. I'll try to keep a pretty close eye on the time in the morning, so we don't run too late for lunch. The afternoon will run a little more loosely as we have lots of door prizes and contest winner announcements. When a demo is listed at 45 minutes, we're planning on a 30 minute demo, and 15 minutes for questions. Same for the 1 hour times, 45 demo, 15 questions. We don't want anyone going home without a full understanding of what they have seen. Thanks to all the guys volunteering to share their hard earned skills!

8:00am doors open
9:00-9:45 TOOLS 101, Rich Coers (low_48); discussing turning tool choices, proper technique, and sharpening
10:00-11:00 POLYMER CLAY, Bob Jackson (bobjackson); discussing all aspects of making and turning polymer clay
11:15-12:15 CASTING, John UNDERHILL (JOHNU); discussing casting methods and finding what works for you
12:15-1:15 Lunch
1:15-2:15 PEN MARKETING, Ed Brown (ed4copies) & Gerry Wilhite (Chasper); discussing internet, consignment, and shows
2:30-3:15 WOOD STABILIZING, Curtis Seebeck (MesquiteMan) discussing equipment, materials, and methods of wood stabilizing
3:30-4:00 CELTIC BLANKS, Terry Quiram, discussing techniques and material combinations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

For those staying Friday night is there anything happening on Friday?

This looks like fun!!

The doors will open at noon on Friday. We'll set up the tables and chairs in the room, and vendors will set up their wares. We'll see what time we get it all set up, but planning on having a round table discussion. In Bloomington,IL 2 years ago, each person there talked for a few minutes about their pen turning. It was well received. We got to know each other, and made for an enjoyable time. If you bring pens, you can talk about them and answer questions about your techniques. Really, just boils down to some social time. I don't know when they have to lock the doors on Friday, I'll find out.

Rich

Top Bottom